Bundesliga Preview: Borussia Dortmund-Hamburg
Jurgen Klopp's side suffered its first league defeat of 2012 to HSV back in September, and will be hoping to get its own back at Signal Iduna Park.
By Enis Koylu
Piszczek, Subotic, Hummels, Schmelzer
Blaszczykowski, Gotze, Reus
Diekmeier, Bruma, Westermann, Jansen
Beister, Van der Vaart, Son
Borussia Dortmund should be boosted by the return of Neven Subotic, who has yet to feature in 2013 following a hamstring injury, with Felipe Santana set to drop to the bench. Roman Weidenfeller has recovered from the flu which kept him out of the trip to Leverkusen last week, and will reclaim his place between the sticks.
Meanwhile, Sven Bender should keep his place in midfield ahead of club captain Sebastian Kehl. Nuri Sahin will start on the bench once more. Patrick Owomoyela remains sidelined.
Meanwhile, Felipe Santana will deputize for Neven Subotic at the heart of the Dortmund defense once again, as the Serbian continues his road back to full fitness from a hamstring injury.
By contrast, HSV is missing a host of players. Lam Zhi Gin has a knee problem, Michael Mancienne has torn ankle ligaments, Milan Badelj is suspended and Ivo Ilicevic has an abdominal muscle strain.
Maximilian Beister should start ahead of Tolgay Arslan on the right-hand side of midfield.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Borussia Dortmund has scored 11 goals since the resumption of the Bundesliga in January, more than any other team.
- This fixture has produced more goals than any other in Bundesliga history - 324 in 91 matches.
- BVB has won its last four matches against Hamburg at Signal Iduna Park, including a Mario Gotze-inspired 3-1 victory on the opening day of last season.
- Hamburg ended Dortmund's 31-match unbeaten league run earlier in the season, recording a 3-2 win over the champion at the Imtech Arena in September.
- HSV coach Thorsten Fink was born in Dortmund, and spent six years as a youth player at the club.
- Rafael van der Vaart has won his last four Bundesliga games against BVB.
Top 3 Predictions
Borussia Dortmund 3-1 Hamburger
- 18.05 %
Borussia Dortmund 3-0 Hamburger
- 13.16 %
Borussia Dortmund 2-0 Hamburger
- 11.89 %
|1. Bundesliga (BUN)||Feb 22, 2014||Hamburger 3 - Borussia Dortmund 0|
|1. Bundesliga (BUN)||Sep 14, 2013||Borussia Dortmund 6 - Hamburger 2|
|Club Friendlies (FRC)||Jul 21, 2013||Borussia Dortmund 1 - Hamburger 0|
|1. Bundesliga (BUN)||Feb 9, 2013||Borussia Dortmund 1 - Hamburger 4|
|1. Bundesliga (BUN)||Sep 22, 2012||Hamburger 3 - Borussia Dortmund 2|
|Mar 9, 2014||Freiburg 0 - Borussia Dortmund 1||BUN|
|Mar 1, 2014||Borussia Dortmund 3 - Nürnberg 0||BUN|
|Feb 25, 2014||Zenit 2 - Borussia Dortmund 4||UCL|
|Feb 22, 2014||Hamburger 3 - Borussia Dortmund 0||BUN|
|Feb 15, 2014||Borussia Dortmund 4 - Eintracht 0||BUN|
|8||Tomás Eduardo Rincón||Midfielder|
|23||Rafael van der Vaart||Midfielder|
|13||Per Ciljan Skjelbred||Midfielder|
|18||Tolgay Ali Arslan||Midfielder|
Times In EDT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed