Bundesliga Preview: Borussia Dortmund - Nurnberg
The German champion will continue its pursuit of Bayern Munich against the struggling Bavarians, who have mustered just 18 goals in as many Bundesliga games this season.
By Enis Koylu
Piszczek, Santana, Hummels, Schmelzer
Kuba, Gotze, Reus
Chandler, Nilsson, Klose, Pinola
Feulner, Kiyotake, Gebhart
Despite receiving encouraging news on the injury of Neven Subotic, Borussia Dortmund will name virtually the same lineup that thrashed Werder Bremen last week, with one possible change coming in midfield, where Sven Bender could replace Sebastian Kehl.
Nuri Sahin is expected to keep his place on the bench, but is likely to have more playing time than he did at the Weserstadion - a brief cameo at the end of the match. Patrick Owomoyela remains sidelined.
Meanwhile, Nurnberg is expected to make a host of changes to the team that drew 1-1 with Hamburg last week. Per Nilsson is set to step back into the heart of defense, leading Timmy Simons to make the shift forward into midfield, with Almog Cohen dropping out.
Markus Feulner will replace Robert Mak on the right side of midfield, with Hiroshi Kiyotake replacing Alexander Esswein in the hole behind lone striker Tomas Pekhart.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Borussia Dortmund's 5-0 win over Werder Bremen last week was the club's joint-biggest victory this season, along with the thrashing of Borussia Monchengladbach at home.
- The champion has lost twice at home this season - more times than it did in the whole of its 2011-12 campaign.
- Nuri Sahin (pictured, right) is set to make his first appearance at Signal Iduna Park since leaving BVB for Real Madrid in the summer of 2011.
- Nurnberg, despite sitting in 15th place in the Bundesliga, has the same defensive record as second-placed Bayer Leverkusen.
- However, only fellow Bavarian outfits Augsburg and Greuther Furth have scored fewer goals than der Club.
- Tomas Pekhart's equalizer against Hamburg last Sunday was his first goal since his side held BVB to a 1-1 draw at home on matchday 2 - way back in August.
Top 3 Predictions
Borussia Dortmund 3-0 Nürnberg
- 20.41 %
Borussia Dortmund 3-1 Nürnberg
- 12.78 %
Borussia Dortmund 4-0 Nürnberg
- 9.28 %
|1. Bundesliga (BUN)||Mar 1, 2014||Borussia Dortmund 3 - Nürnberg 0|
|1. Bundesliga (BUN)||Sep 21, 2013||Nürnberg 1 - Borussia Dortmund 1|
|1. Bundesliga (BUN)||Jan 25, 2013||Borussia Dortmund 3 - Nürnberg 0|
|1. Bundesliga (BUN)||Sep 1, 2012||Nürnberg 1 - Borussia Dortmund 1|
|Club Friendlies (FRC)||Jul 21, 2012||Nürnberg 4 - Borussia Dortmund 2|
|Mar 1, 2014||Borussia Dortmund 3 - Nürnberg 0||BUN|
|Feb 25, 2014||Zenit 2 - Borussia Dortmund 4||UCL|
|Feb 22, 2014||Hamburger 3 - Borussia Dortmund 0||BUN|
|Feb 15, 2014||Borussia Dortmund 4 - Eintracht 0||BUN|
|Feb 11, 2014||Eintracht 0 - Borussia Dortmund 1||GERC|
|25||Horacio Javier Pinola||Defender|
Times In EDT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed