Bundesliga Preview: Borussia Dortmund - Wolfsburg
Having completed an unbeaten Champions League group stage campaign, Jurgen Klopp's side can now turn its attentions to the Bundesliga over the festive period.
By Enis Koylu
Piszczek, Santana, Hummels, Schmelzer
Kuba, Reus, Grosskreutz
Fagner, Naldo, Kjaer, Schafer
Hasebe, Diego, Olic
Despite naming a second-string team for the clash with Manchester City on Tuesday, Borussia Dortmund is expected to make minimal changes to the starting lineup for the visit of Wolfsburg.
Lukasz Piszczek has flu, but could make the XI, though Neven Subotic and Mario Gotze are injury doubts, with Kevin Grosskreutz and Felipe Santana waiting in the wings to replace him.
In midfield, Sven Bender (groin) and Sebastian Kehl (knee) are out, leaving Moritz Leitner to partner Ilkay Gundogan. Robert Lewandowski returns in place of Julian Schieber.
Wolfsburg, meanwhile, is expected to make one change from the side that drew 1-1 with Hamburg last Sunday, with Josue stepping in for Vieirinha. That will allow Makoto Hasebe to take up his usual slot on the right wing.
Vaclav Pilar is a long-term absentee with a cruciate ligament injury, as is Patrick Helmes, while Hrvoje Cale and Marco Russ are both not registered for the squad.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Borussia Dortmund's 1-0 win over Manchester City on Wednesday was just its second at home since it beat Real Madrid on Oct. 24.
- Robert Lewandowski currently sits joint-top of the Bundesliga goalscorer charts, alongside four other players - Stefan Kiessling, Mario Mandzukic, Alexander Meier and Adam Szalai.
- BVB scored a total of eight goals against Wolfsburg last season, including a 5-1 win at Signal Iduna Park in which Mario Gotze (pictured, right) scored twice.
- Wolfsburg and Dortmund have won three of the last four Bundesliga titles between them; the other (2009-10) went to Bayern Munich.
- The Volkswagen Arena outfit has 16 points from its 15 Bundesliga games to date.
- Bas Dost has scored five goals in his last seven, but failed to find the target in his last two games.
Top 3 Predictions
Borussia Dortmund 3-1 Wolfsburg
- 17.25 %
Borussia Dortmund 2-0 Wolfsburg
- 15.89 %
Borussia Dortmund 3-0 Wolfsburg
- 14.73 %
|DFB-Pokal (GERC)||Apr 15, 2014||Borussia Dortmund 2 - Wolfsburg 0|
|1. Bundesliga (BUN)||Apr 5, 2014||Borussia Dortmund 2 - Wolfsburg 1|
|1. Bundesliga (BUN)||Nov 9, 2013||Wolfsburg 2 - Borussia Dortmund 1|
|1. Bundesliga (BUN)||May 11, 2013||Wolfsburg 3 - Borussia Dortmund 3|
|1. Bundesliga (BUN)||Dec 8, 2012||Borussia Dortmund 2 - Wolfsburg 3|
|Apr 19, 2014||Borussia Dortmund 4 - Mainz 2||BUN|
|Apr 15, 2014||Borussia Dortmund 2 - Wolfsburg 0||GERC|
|Apr 12, 2014||Bayern 0 - Borussia Dortmund 3||BUN|
|Apr 8, 2014||Borussia Dortmund 2 - Real Madrid 0||UCL|
|Apr 5, 2014||Borussia Dortmund 2 - Wolfsburg 1||BUN|
Times In EDT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed