Bundesliga Preview: Hamburg - Bayern Munich
The Bavarians slipped to their first Bundesliga defeat of the season last week, but will be hoping to start another winning run when they travel to the Imtech Arena on Saturday.
By Enis Koylu
Diekmeier, Mancienne, West'nn, Jansen
Son, Van der Vaart, Ilicevic
Lahm, Boateng, Dante, Alaba
Muller, Kroos, Robben
Hamburg is expected to make a couple of changes from the side that beat Augsburg 2-0 last week for the visit of Bayern.
Tomas Rincon could come in for Tolgay Arslan in midfield as Thorsten Fink looks to keep out Bayern's attack, while Ivo Ilicevic is fit after a hamstring injury to replace Maxilimilian Beister at left wing. However, Lam Zhi Gin is lacking match fitness, Slobodan Rajkovic is suspended and Petr Jiracek has a thigh problem forcing him to miss the clash.
Having rested a number of players for the 4-0 DFB-Pokal win over Kaiserslautern, Bayern wil be able to name a more recognizable team for the trip to the Imtech Arena. Manuel Neuer did not feature on Wednesday and will come back into the team in place of Tom Starke.
At the back, Holger Badstuber has an injury, so David Alaba will replace him at left back, with Philipp Lahm, Jerome Boateng and Dante completing the back four.
In midfield, Javi Martinez and Luiz Gustavo have been rotated this season, but with the Spaniard having played in midweek, the Brazilian can expect to start.
Franck Ribery is still an injury doubt, but Arjen Robben can fill in, having marked his first start since a lengthy injury with two goals against Lautern. Finally, Mario Mandzukic will reclaim his place up front, ahead of Claudio Pizarro as Mario Gomez continues his recovery from ankle surgery.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Hamburg already faced Bavarian opposition three times this season. It crashed to a 1-0 home defeat to Nurnberg on matchday one, but have since overcome Greuther Furth and Augsburg.
- Jacopo Sala's only Bundesliga goal to date helped the Imtech Arena outfit hold Bayern to a 1-1 draw in this fixture last season.
- Hamburg boss Thorsten Fink (pictured, right) represented the Bavarians between 1997 and 2006, and won four Bundesliga titles with die Roten.
- Bayern Munich has not lost to Hamburg in the league since matchday seven of the 2009-10 season, and has recorded 5-0 and 6-0 victories over Saturday's opponents since then.
- The Bavarians have conceded four Bundesliga goals this season, but none of these have come on the road.
- Bayern attacker Xherdan Shaqiri was coached by Fink at Basel between 2009 and 2011, but the trainer left for the Imtech Arena shortly after the start of last season.
Top 3 Predictions
Hamburger 0-2 Bayern
- 15.69 %
Hamburger 1-3 Bayern
- 13.84 %
Hamburger 0-3 Bayern
- 13.55 %
|DFB-Pokal (GERC)||Feb 12, 2014||Hamburger 0 - Bayern 5|
|1. Bundesliga (BUN)||Dec 14, 2013||Bayern 3 - Hamburger 1|
|Club Friendlies (FRC)||Jul 20, 2013||Hamburger 0 - Bayern 4|
|1. Bundesliga (BUN)||Mar 30, 2013||Bayern 9 - Hamburger 2|
|1. Bundesliga (BUN)||Nov 3, 2012||Hamburger 0 - Bayern 3|
|Mar 8, 2014||Hamburger 1 - Eintracht 1||BUN|
|Mar 1, 2014||Werder Bremen 1 - Hamburger 0||BUN|
|Feb 22, 2014||Hamburger 3 - Borussia Dortmund 0||BUN|
|Feb 15, 2014||Eintracht Braunschweig 4 - Hamburger 2||BUN|
|Feb 12, 2014||Hamburger 0 - Bayern 5||GERC|
|8||Tomás Eduardo Rincón||Midfielder|
|18||Tolgay Ali Arslan||Midfielder|
|23||Rafael van der Vaart||Midfielder|
Times In EDT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed