Ligue 1 Preview: Paris Saint-Germain - Ajaccio
Carlo Ancelotti's men will be hoping to pick up where they left off in 2012 at the top of Ligue 1, as they welcome a beleaguered Corsican side to the capital.
By Mohammed Ali
Jallet, Thiago Silva, Sakho, Maxwell
Chantome, Motta, Matuidi
Maire, Lippini, Poulard, Bouhours
Andre, Cavalli, Sammaritano
Paris Saint-Germain boss Carlo Ancelotti will ring the changes as the league leaders welcome Ajaccio to the Parc des Princes.
Thiago Silva should return ahead of Zoumana Camara in defense, following the 4-3 victory over fifth-division Arras in the Coupe de France. Thiago Motta could be preferred to Marco Verratti in midfield, as Ancelotti continues to deploy his faith in Clement Chantome.
New signing Lucas Moura played in the 5-1 win over Lekhwiya in Doha last Wednesday, but it remains to be seen whether the Brazil star is ready for an official debut yet. Ezequiel Lavezzi is expected to start in the fixture where he earned a red card back in August.
For Ajaccio, coach Albert Emon will also recall a number of first-team players after the club's shock penalty shootout defeat to amateur side Rouen in the Coupe de France. However, up to five players will be lost to the Africa Cup of Nations in South Africa, which could hinder their already slim chances in this match.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Paris Saint-Germain sits joint-top of Ligue 1 on goal difference, though remains locked on 38 points with Olympique Lyonnais and Olympique de Marseille.
- The capital club has won all of its seven games since a 2-1 defeat to Nice on Dec. 1.
- Carlo Ancelotti's men have so far scored nine goals in two matches in 2013.
- PSG won this fixture 4-1 back in March 2012, thanks to goals from Javier Pastore, Jeremy Menez, Nene and the now-departed Guillaume Hoarau.
- AC Ajaccio's Ligue 1 season so far sees them in 16th place, only three points above the drop zone.
- The Corsican club has won just once away at the Parc des Princes - a 4-2 victory in 2006.
- Adrian Mutu remains 14 goals behind Zlatan Ibrahimovic (PSG) in the top scorer standings, despite promising to beat his tally.
- A defeat to PSG on Friday will see Ajaccio lose three league games in a row for the first time since November 2011.
Top 3 Predictions
PSG 3-0 AC Ajaccio
- 14.64 %
PSG 3-1 AC Ajaccio
- 12.75 %
PSG 4-0 AC Ajaccio
- 10.98 %
|Ligue 1 (Lig1)||Jan 11, 2014||AC Ajaccio 1 - PSG 2|
|Ligue 1 (Lig1)||Aug 18, 2013||PSG 1 - AC Ajaccio 1|
|Ligue 1 (Lig1)||Jan 11, 2013||PSG 0 - AC Ajaccio 0|
|Ligue 1 (Lig1)||Aug 19, 2012||AC Ajaccio 0 - PSG 0|
|Ligue 1 (Lig1)||Mar 4, 2012||PSG 4 - AC Ajaccio 1|
|Mar 12, 2014||PSG 2 - Leverkusen 1||UCL|
|Mar 8, 2014||SC Bastia 0 - PSG 3||Lig1|
|Mar 2, 2014||PSG 2 - Marseille 0||Lig1|
|Feb 23, 2014||Toulouse FC 2 - PSG 4||Lig1|
|Feb 18, 2014||Leverkusen 0 - PSG 4||UCL|
|1||Francisco Guillermo Ochoa||Goalkeeper|
|11||Karim El Hany||Striker|
|-||Wilfried Aimeric Zahibo||Midfielder|
Times In EDT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed