Premier League Preview: Chelsea - Everton
The two managers leave their respective clubs after this game, with the Blues needing a win to guarantee third place and automatic entry into the Champions League group stage.
By Tom McKeown
Azpilicueta, Ivanovic, Cahill, Cole
Mikel, David Luiz
Ramires, Mata, Oscar
Coleman, Jagielka, Distin, Baines
Mirallas, Gibson, Osman, Pienaar
Europa League winner Chelsea is still without Eden Hazard (hamstring) and John Terry (ankle), who both sat out Wednesday’s triumph in Amsterdam after limping off against Aston Villa last Saturday.
Rafa Benitez has confirmed that Ryan Bertrand (knee) will also miss the match. Demba Ba is in contention to start start up front after being ineligible to face Benfica in midweek.
David Moyes, also in his last game in charge, has few injury concerns to contend with, though Phil Neville (knee), who has been sidelined since March, and Leon Osman (also knee) will both miss the match.
The Toffees are set to keep the same XI from last week’s win over West Ham, with Victor Anichebe leading the line in front of Marouane Fellaini.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Frank Lampard’s strike against Aston Villa last weekend was his 203rd for Chelsea, making him all-time top goalscorer at Stamford Bridge.
- If this game finishes as a 0-0 draw and Arsenal wins 2-1 at Newcastle, the two sides will face a playoff to see who finishes third in the Premier League. Read more here.
- Wednesday’s win over Benfica means Blues Player of the Year Juan Mata (pictured right) and Fernando Torres are current winners of the World Cup, European Championships, Champions League and Europa League.
- Everton is guaranteed a sixth-placed finish in the Premier League and will finish above rival Liverpool for the second successive season, the first time they’ve done so in over 50 years.
- David Moyes has never won at Stamford Bridge with Everton in 13 attempts in all competitions.
- The Toffees are this season’s draw specialists, with 15 in the Premier League.
Top 3 Predictions
Chelsea 2-0 Everton
- 21.4 %
Chelsea 2-1 Everton
- 15.69 %
Chelsea 3-1 Everton
- 12.41 %
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Feb 22, 2014||Chelsea 1 - Everton 0|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Sep 14, 2013||Everton 1 - Chelsea 0|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||May 19, 2013||Chelsea 2 - Everton 1|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Dec 30, 2012||Everton 1 - Chelsea 2|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Feb 11, 2012||Everton 2 - Chelsea 0|
|Mar 8, 2014||Chelsea 4 - Tottenham 0||EPL|
|Mar 1, 2014||Fulham 1 - Chelsea 3||EPL|
|Feb 26, 2014||Galatasaray 1 - Chelsea 1||UCL|
|Feb 22, 2014||Chelsea 1 - Everton 0||EPL|
|Feb 15, 2014||Manchester City 2 - Chelsea 0||FA|
Times In EDT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed