Premier League Preview: Chelsea - Swansea
After a good win at Basel in the Europa League attention turns back to the Premier League for Rafa Benitez's men in a busy month, while the visitors aim to end their bad run
By Tom McKeown
Azpilicueta, Ivanovic, Luiz, Bertrand
Oscar, Mata, Hazard
Rangel, Chico, Williams, Davies
Britton, De Guzman
Hernandez, Michu, Dyer
Rafa Benitez is again set to rotate his side and make changes from the team that won 2-1 at Basel on Thursday night, with Demba Ba, John Obi Mikel and Juan Mata set for a return to the starting lineup.
David Luiz, who lined up in midfield in Switzerland and scored the winning goal, is likely to return to the Blues’ defense with Gary Cahill starting on the bench as he did on Thursday after recovering from a knee injury.
Swansea, meanwhile, has no injury or suspension issues so Michael Laudrup is likely to name the same side that drew 0-0 with Southampton. Neil Taylor is back in the Swans squad after seven months out with a broken ankle, but is likely to start on the bench as he did last weekend.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Chelsea has not enjoyed playing the Swans recently, having failed to win any of their last four meeting in all competitions, drawing three and losing one.
- The Blues have picked up three red cards in their last five meetings with the Welsh side, with Eden Hazard’s infamous sending off for kicking a ball-boy the most recent.
- If Frank Lampard (pictured right) gets on the scoresheet he will have scored against 38 different teams in the Premier League, matching the record set by Andy Cole.
- Fernando Torres scored in this fixture last season but was sent off ten minutes later, with the Blues going on to win the game 4-1.
- Petr Cech has the best clean sheet ratio (0.49 per game) in Premier League history and one more will put him above David Seaman in the all-time clean sheet list with 141.
- Swansea has only one won of their six matches since winning the Capital One Cup.
- When Michu has scored, Michael Laudrup’s side have lost only two games this season in all competitions.
Top 3 Predictions
Chelsea 3-0 Swansea City
- 19.46 %
Chelsea 2-0 Swansea City
- 16.66 %
Chelsea 3-1 Swansea City
- 15.98 %
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Apr 13, 2014||Swansea City 0 - Chelsea 1|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Dec 26, 2013||Chelsea 1 - Swansea City 0|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Apr 28, 2013||Chelsea 2 - Swansea City 0|
|Capital One Cup (CCUP)||Jan 23, 2013||Swansea City 0 - Chelsea 0|
|Capital One Cup (CCUP)||Jan 9, 2013||Chelsea 0 - Swansea City 2|
|Apr 13, 2014||Swansea City 0 - Chelsea 1||EPL|
|Apr 8, 2014||Chelsea 2 - PSG 0||UCL|
|Apr 5, 2014||Chelsea 3 - Stoke 0||EPL|
|Apr 2, 2014||PSG 3 - Chelsea 1||UCL|
|Mar 29, 2014||Crystal Palace 1 - Chelsea 0||EPL|
|12||John Obi Mikel||Midfielder|
|20||Jonathan De Guzmán||Midfielder|
Times In EDT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed