Premier League Preview: Manchester City - West Brom
Roberto Mancini's side will be aiming for a win as it looks to secure second spot against a Baggies side which have tasted victory just once in its last six outings.
By Ben Cullimore
Zabaleta, Kompany, Nastasic, Clichy
Silva, Tevez, Nasri
Ridgewell, Olsson, McAuley, Jones
Rosenberg, Dorrans, Long
Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini is unlikely to make any drastic changes to his side despite drawing 0-0 with Swansea last time out, with an FA Cup final date against Wigan on Saturday.
The Italian is able to choose from an almost fully fit squad, but talisman Yaya Toure (knock) was withdrawn against the Swans and Scott Sinclair (shoulder) is still recovering after missing the trip to face his former team.
Meanwhile, Chris Brunt (knee) and Goran Popov (calf), who both missed West Brom's 3-2 defeat to Wigan on Saturday, remain doubts for the clash at the Etihad Stadium.
But they are the only fresh injury concerns for Steve Clarke, and join long-term absentees George Thorne (knee), Gonzalo Jara Reyes (knee ligament) and Zoltan Gera (knee).
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Manchester City boasts the best defensive record in the Premier League, conceding just 31 goals from 35 games so far.
- City has failed to score in only six games this season, but did so against Swansea last time out.
- West Brom goalkeeper Ben Foster has only managed to keep seven clean sheets this term.
- The Baggies have only won one of their last six games - a comfortable 3-0 victory away to Southampton - conceding nine goals in the process. Over the same period, Manchester City has won four and conceded five.
- West Brom's top goalscorer, Romelu Lukaku, has scored 14 league goals this season, two more than City's top goalscorer Edin Dzeko.
- Their previous meeting this season ended in a 2-1 victory for City, with Dzeko scoring a double, including a last-minute winner.
Top 3 Predictions
Manchester City 2-0 West Bromwich
- 14.6 %
Manchester City 3-0 West Bromwich
- 14.53 %
Manchester City 1-1 West Bromwich
- 11.44 %
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Dec 4, 2013||West Bromwich 2 - Manchester City 3|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||May 7, 2013||Manchester City 1 - West Bromwich 0|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Oct 20, 2012||West Bromwich 1 - Manchester City 2|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Apr 11, 2012||Manchester City 4 - West Bromwich 0|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Dec 26, 2011||West Bromwich 0 - Manchester City 0|
|Mar 2, 2014||Manchester City 3 - Sunderland 1||CCUP|
|Feb 22, 2014||Manchester City 1 - Stoke 0||EPL|
|Feb 18, 2014||Manchester City 0 - Barcelona 2||UCL|
|Feb 15, 2014||Manchester City 2 - Chelsea 0||FA|
|Feb 8, 2014||Norwich City 0 - Manchester City 0||EPL|
|-||Sebastien Gabriel Tamaş||Defender|
Times In EDT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed