Premier League Preview: Swansea City -Tottenham
Michael Laudrup's side will be looking to extend the visitors recent run of poor form in the league which has seen them lose back-to-back matches against both Liverpool and Fulham
By James McManus
Rangel, Williams, Chico, Davies
Ki, Britton, De Guzman
Dyer, Michu, Pablo
Walker, Dawson, Vertonghen, Assou-Ekotto
Lennon, Parker, Dembele, Holtby
Swansea manager Michael Laudrup will be without Neil Taylor for the game at the Liberty Stadium on Saturday as he steps up his return from a a fractured ankle, instead being earmarked for a reserve game next Tuesday against Colchester United.
There is some good news for the Dane, though, with Kemy Agustien expected to be passed fit after recovering from a hip injury while center back Chico Flores could make his first start for the side since featuring against QPR in February.
Tottenham boss Andre Villas-Boas only has two players on the casualty list, with Sandro (knee) and Younes Kaboul (knee) both long-term absentees, with Gareth Bale expected to shake off both the ankle strain and stomach virus which dogged his time away with the Wales team on international duty.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- The last time that Swansea defeated Spurs was back in September 1991 in the League Cup.
- The Swans have not won any of the 16 Premier League games that they have fallen behind in this season, drawing six and losing ten.
- No player in the top flight this season has scored more goals at home than Michu, who has 10 so far.
- Michael Laudrup's side has scored just four goals from set-pieces all season, the lowest in the league.
- At the other end of the pitch, though, the club has conceded 18 goals from defending set pieces, which is a league high.
- Tottenham has won three and drawn one of its last four competitive meetings with Swansea, winning 1-0 at White Hart Lane in December with Jan Vertonghen grabbing the only goal.
- No player has scored more goals from outside the area in the top five European Leagues this season than Gareth Bale (pictured right), who is level with Lionel Messi on six.
- Andre Villas-Boas' side have the second-best away record in the division in terms of points accumulated on the road with 26 to league leaders Manchester United's 32.
- After a 12-game unbeaten streak, the visitors have lost their last three games across all competitions.
- Spurs have kept seven clean sheets in the league this term to Swansea's eight.
Top 3 Predictions
Swansea City 1-3 Tottenham
- 16.67 %
Swansea City 1-2 Tottenham
- 15.56 %
Swansea City 2-1 Tottenham
- 14.27 %
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Aug 25, 2013||Tottenham 1 - Swansea City 0|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Mar 30, 2013||Swansea City 1 - Tottenham 2|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Dec 16, 2012||Tottenham 1 - Swansea City 0|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Apr 1, 2012||Tottenham 3 - Swansea City 1|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Dec 31, 2011||Swansea City 1 - Tottenham 1|
|Dec 12, 2013||Sankt Gallen 1 - Swansea City 0||EL|
|Dec 9, 2013||Swansea City 1 - Hull 1||EPL|
|Dec 4, 2013||Swansea City 3 - Newcastle 0||EPL|
|Dec 1, 2013||Manchester City 3 - Swansea City 0||EPL|
|Nov 28, 2013||Swansea City 0 - Valencia 1||EL|
|20||Jonathan De Guzmán||Midfielder|
|-||Moussa Sidi Yaya Dembélé||Midfielder|
Times In EDT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed