Premier League Preview: Swansea City - Arsenal
After a spirited performance against Bayern Munich, Arsene Wenger will be keen to keep pace with fourth-placed Chelsea in the race for Champions League qualification.
By Rhys Turrell
Swansea City manager Michael Laudrup will be without defender Chico Flores (ankle) and Kemy Agustien (thigh) for the clash with Arsenal at the Liberty Stadium.
Midfielder Leon Britton is expected to be fit after missing Saturday's defeat to West Brom with a hip injury, while striker Luke Moore should also make the squad after a calf problem.
Defender Neil Taylor (ankle) made a first appearance since September when appearing in a Under-21s clash in midweek but this game may come to early for the Welshman.
Arsene Wenger will be without Jack Wilshere (ankle) and Bacary Sagna (knee) until at least the end of March. Lukas Podolski (ankle) missed the midweek win in Munich and may once again be unavailable.
Nacho Monreal returns to the first-team squad after being ineligible for the club's Champions League campaign and could replace Kieran Gibbs at left back. Lukas Fabianski should retain the No.1 shirt, with Wenger claiming that regular first-choice Wojciech Szczesny is suffering from "mental fatigue".
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Swansea City and Arsenal have met each other three times already this season (once in the league, twice in the FA Cup), with one win apiece and one draw.
- The Swans have beaten Arsenal in their last two Premier League meetings, their last double over Arsenal coming in the 1981-82 season.
- Swansea has won its last three home games on the bounce.
- Laudrup's men have scored four goals against Arsenal this season, with Michu bagging three of them.
- Arsenal has lost two of its last three away matches in the Premier League.
- If only second-half results counted, the Gunners would be top of the Premier League table with 54 points.
- Olivier Giroud's (pictured right) third-minute goal against Bayern Munich ended a personal scoring drought of 497 minutes.
- Six of the seven goals scored in games between these two sides this season have come in the final 10 minutes.
Top 3 Predictions
Swansea City 0-2 Arsenal
- 17.72 %
Swansea City 1-2 Arsenal
- 14 %
Swansea City 1-3 Arsenal
- 12.09 %
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Sep 28, 2013||Swansea City 1 - Arsenal 2|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Mar 16, 2013||Swansea City 0 - Arsenal 2|
|FA Cup (FA)||Jan 16, 2013||Arsenal 1 - Swansea City 0|
|FA Cup (FA)||Jan 6, 2013||Swansea City 2 - Arsenal 2|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Dec 1, 2012||Arsenal 0 - Swansea City 2|
|Dec 12, 2013||Sankt Gallen 1 - Swansea City 0||EL|
|Dec 9, 2013||Swansea City 1 - Hull 1||EPL|
|Dec 4, 2013||Swansea City 3 - Newcastle 0||EPL|
|Dec 1, 2013||Manchester City 3 - Swansea City 0||EPL|
|Nov 28, 2013||Swansea City 0 - Valencia 1||EL|
|20||Jonathan De Guzmán||Midfielder|
Times In EDT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed