Premier League Preview: Stoke - West Brom
The hosts have lost three on the trot and seek a positive result against Steve Clarke's side, which has recently improved its form, winning three of the last four games.
By Arthur Virgo
Cameron, Shawcross, Wilson, Wilkinson
Shotton, Whelan, N'Zonzi, Shea
Reid, McAuley, Olsson, Ridgewell
Dorrans, Morrison, Brunt
Stoke is without Robert Huth as the German sits out the final game of a three-match ban for violent conduct, meaning Marc Wilson is set to continue alongside Ryan Shawcross at center-back with U.S. international Geoff Cameron and Andy Wilkinson at fullback.
Ryan Shotton could continue on the right flank, but on the left, winger Matthew Etherington (back) remains a doubt as does striker Cameron Jerome (knock). Brek Shea and Michael Kightly are therefore options on the left wing, while Charlie Adam could feature in a three-man midfield.
West Brom has no new injury problems and is likely to field an unchanged lineup, but Steven Reid (knock) could recover in time and return in place of right back Billy Jones.
Midfielders Zoltan Gera and George Thorne (both knee) are long-term casualties, while the midfield three is settled. Forward Peter Odemwingie could feature out wide or up front alongside the in-form Romelu Lukaku.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Stoke is still nine points clear of the relegation zone but has picked up the fewest points this year of any Premier League side, with seven defeats and one win from the club's nine league matches in 2013.
- The Potters have gone 11 straight games without a clean sheet despite managing nine in their first 18 matches.
- West Brom is a comfortable 10 points ahead of its opponents in eighth place, and with three wins from its last four league matches is now just four points off Europa League qualification.
- The Baggies have, however, lost four of their last five matches away from home, and eight of their 14 over the course of the season.
- Stoke has won eight of its last 11 league games against West Brom, with the only loss in that run coming at the Britannia Stadium last season.
- Romelu Lukaku (pictured, right) is the Baggies' top scorer with 13 goals this season, with seven of those coming in 2013.
Top 3 Predictions
Stoke 1-2 West Bromwich
- 15.43 %
Stoke 1-1 West Bromwich
- 14.29 %
Stoke 2-1 West Bromwich
- 10.86 %
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Oct 19, 2013||Stoke 0 - West Bromwich 0|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Mar 16, 2013||Stoke 0 - West Bromwich 0|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Dec 1, 2012||West Bromwich 0 - Stoke 1|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Jan 21, 2012||Stoke 1 - West Bromwich 2|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Aug 28, 2011||West Bromwich 0 - Stoke 1|
|Dec 7, 2013||Stoke 3 - Chelsea 2||EPL|
|Dec 4, 2013||Stoke 0 - Cardiff City 0||EPL|
|Nov 30, 2013||Everton 4 - Stoke 0||EPL|
|Nov 23, 2013||Stoke 2 - Sunderland 0||EPL|
|Nov 10, 2013||Swansea City 3 - Stoke 3||EPL|
|30||Sebastien Gabriel Tamaş||Defender|