Premier League Preview: Everton - Manchester City
The host has won its last three games against the Blues at Goodison Park but comes into this match on the back of a 3-0 FA Cup loss to Wigan and desperate to regain its form.
By Chris Teale
Neville, Heitinga, Distin, Baines
Coleman, Osman, Fellaini, Pienaar
Zabaleta, Kompany, Nastasic, Clichy
Milner, Y Toure, Silva
Everton goalkeeper Tim Howard (back) is still unavailable, with Jan Mucha expected to continue to deputise.
Phil Jagielka (ankle) is David Moyes' only other concern as he nears fitness and may make the substitutes' bench for this game. Tony Hibbert remains the Toffees’ only long-term injury absentee after undergoing a calf operation.
For Manchester City, Sergio Aguero (knee) and Vincent Kompany (calf) have had recent injury problems but are in with a chance of featuring.
Both Micah Richards (knee) and Jack Rodwell (hamstring) remain sidelined, but may make a return before the end of the month. However, beyond these concerns, manager Roberto Mancini has no new worries ahead of this game.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Everton has won just two of their last seven games in all competitions, including its 3-0 FA Cup quarterfinal loss to Wigan last time out.
- Toffees defender Sylvain Distin (pictured right) spent six years with the weekend opponents, being named club captain in the 2003-04 season.
- The Toffees have won their last three games at home to Roberto Mancini's side.
- Manchester City has won its last four games in all competitions, including twice in the FA Cup, since their embarrassing defeat away to Southampton in early February.
- Joleon Lescott spent four years at Goodison Park but left for 24 million pounds in 2009 to join the current Premier League champion.
- In its last four games, despite missing defensive linchpin Vincent Kompany through injury, City has not conceded a single goal.
- The side's previous meeting this term ended in a 1-1 draw at the Etihad Stadium after Marouane Fellaini’s goal was canceled out by a Carlos Tevez penalty.
Top 3 Predictions
Everton 2-1 Manchester City
- 16.63 %
Everton 0-2 Manchester City
- 14.96 %
Everton 1-2 Manchester City
- 11.61 %
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Mar 16, 2013||Everton 2 - Manchester City 0|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Dec 1, 2012||Manchester City 1 - Everton 1|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Jan 31, 2012||Everton 1 - Manchester City 0|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Sep 24, 2011||Manchester City 2 - Everton 0|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||May 7, 2011||Everton 2 - Manchester City 1|
|May 12, 2013||Everton 2 - West Ham 0||EPL|
|May 5, 2013||Liverpool 0 - Everton 0||EPL|
|Apr 27, 2013||Everton 1 - Fulham 0||EPL|
|Apr 20, 2013||Sunderland 1 - Everton 0||EPL|
|Apr 16, 2013||Arsenal 0 - Everton 0||EPL|
Times In EDT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed