Premier League Preview: QPR - Manchester United
The league leader will hope to stretch its 14 game unbeaten run against a Rangers side which has not beaten it since 1992 and is still reeling from its 4-1 defeat to Swansea.
By Tim Poole
Harry Redknapp is still without Jose Bosingwa (back) and Andrew Johnson (knee) but is expected to welcome back a host of previously injured players.
Fabio (hip), Junior Hoilett (hamstring) and Julio Cesar (groin) could all be selected after returning from their respective problems, while striker Loic Remy is also in contention despite a groin problem.
Bobby Zamora could also start, having come off the bench in QPR's last two matches, while Esteban Granero, Andros Townsend and Jermaine Jenas will present Redknapp with a selection dilemma in midfield.
The visitors, meanwhile, will be without Paul Scholes (knee), Wayne Rooney (illness) and Phil Jones (ankle). However, Sir Alex Ferguson boasts an otherwise fully fit squad and has the rare luxury of not having a midweek game the following week.
Nani and Chicharito may be in contention for starting roles after their goalscoring exploits against Reading, while Rio Ferdinand could also feature in defense.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Bottom-placed QPR is currently 48 points behind league-leader Manchester United and has not beaten the Red Devils since New Year's Day in 1992.
- Since the turn of the year, Harry Redknapp's side has won once and drawn four times in the Premier League, though it slumped to a 4-1 defeat in their last game at Swansea.
- Rangers enjoyed just 39 percent of possession in their loss at the Liberty Stadium and have registered the minority share of possession in their last nine Premier League matches.
- The Rs have also won just twice in the league this term (against Chelsea and Fulham), though that is already one more than the record for the fewest wins in a season - held by Derby County for their 2007/08 campaign.
- Manchester United is unbeaten in 14 league matches and 16 games in all competitions. Its last domestic defeat came in mid-November at Norwich City.
- The Red Devils are comfortably clear at the top of table with a 12 point lead - a gap bigger than at any point last season.
- United's three top scorers this term, Robin van Persie, Javier 'Chicharito' Hernandez (pictured) and Wayne Rooney have scored 51 goals in all competitions between them so far.
- Sir Alex Ferguson's side boasts a strong record on its travels this season, having amassed nine league wins on the road while suffering just two defeats and two draws.
Top 3 Predictions
QPR 0-3 Manchester United
- 21.73 %
QPR 1-3 Manchester United
- 15.7 %
QPR 0-2 Manchester United
- 13.41 %
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Feb 23, 2013||QPR 0 - Manchester United 2|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Nov 24, 2012||Manchester United 3 - QPR 1|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Apr 8, 2012||Manchester United 2 - QPR 0|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Dec 18, 2011||QPR 0 - Manchester United 2|
|Capital One Cup (CCUP)||Nov 11, 2008||Manchester United 1 - QPR 0|
|Dec 7, 2013||QPR 0 - Blackburn 0||ENG2|
|Dec 3, 2013||QPR 3 - Bournemouth 0||ENG2|
|Nov 30, 2013||Doncaster Rovers 2 - QPR 1||ENG2|
|Nov 23, 2013||QPR 1 - Charlton Athletic 0||ENG2|
|Nov 9, 2013||Reading 1 - QPR 1||ENG2|
|1||David de Gea||Goalkeeper|
|20||Robin van Persie||Striker|
Times In EDT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed