Premier League Preview: Swansea City - QPR
Each side has won just once in the Premier League since the turn of the year, leaving both Michael Laudrup and Harry Redknapp desperate to pick up a win this weekend.
By Theo Squires
Rangel, Chico, Williams, Davies
Hernandez, Ki, De Guzman, Routledge
Fabio, Samba, Hill, Traore
Wright-Phillips, Mbia, Derry, Mackie
Having missed both of Swansea's last two league games, and after being forced to withdraw from international duty during the week, Michel Vorm (knee) could return in goal for Michael Laudrup's side.
Leon Britton (ankle) is a major doubt for the Swansm as is Kemy Agustien (ankle), while Neil Taylor (ankle) is out for the season.
With Harry Redknapp's men in desperate need of goals if they are to avoid the drop, Loic Remy (groin) could make a surprise return in attack for QPR, after it was initially feared he would face a prolonged spell on the sidelines.
Nedum Onuhoa (knock) is another who could return for the Rs, but Jose Bosingwa (back), Junior Hoilett (hamstring) and Andy Johnson (knee) all remain long-term absentees for the Premier League's basement club.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Only Norwich City and Everton have beaten Swansea City at the Liberty Stadium so far this season.
- QPR broke its transfer fee record for the third time this season in order to sign center back Christopher Samba (pictured right).
- Michu scored twice on his Premier League debut for the Swans against the West London club back in August, as Michael Laudrup won his first game in charge.
- Despite its overall struggles, Harry Redknapp's side is unbeaten away from home in 2013.
- Jonathan De Guzman has contributed the most assists of any Swansea player this season (eight), while he has also clocked up the most appearances in a Swans shirt (30).
- Jamie Mackie has scored three goals in his last four games against the South Wales side.
- Swansea has won every match this season when it has led at halftime.
- QPR is yet to lose a game this calendar year having embarked on a five-game unbeaten run. Sadly for Redknapp, the last four of those matches have ended as draws.
Top 3 Predictions
Swansea City 2-0 QPR
- 12.92 %
Swansea City 1-2 QPR
- 11.11 %
Swansea City 2-1 QPR
- 10.85 %
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Feb 9, 2013||Swansea City 4 - QPR 1|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Aug 18, 2012||QPR 0 - Swansea City 5|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Apr 11, 2012||QPR 3 - Swansea City 0|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Dec 27, 2011||Swansea City 1 - QPR 1|
|May 12, 2013||Manchester United 2 - Swansea City 1||EPL|
|May 7, 2013||Wigan Athletic 2 - Swansea City 3||EPL|
|May 4, 2013||Swansea City 0 - Manchester City 0||EPL|
|Apr 28, 2013||Chelsea 2 - Swansea City 0||EPL|
|Apr 20, 2013||Swansea City 0 - Southampton 0||EPL|
|20||Jonathan De Guzmán||Midfielder|
|26||Tal Ben Haim||Defender|
Times In EST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed