Premier League Preview: Manchester United - Everton
David Moyes will be looking to improve his woeful record at the home of the Red Devils, but Sir Alex Ferguson's side has only been beaten once on its own turf this season.
By Tom McKeown
Rafael, Ferdinand, Evans, Evra
Valencia, Cleverley, Giggs, Nani
Jagielka, Heitinga, Distin, Baines
Mirallas, Gibson, Osman, Pienaar
Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson is likely to make one change from his side's 1-0 win at Fulham, drafting in Ryan Giggs for Michael Carrick (hip), who sat out England’s 2-1 win over Brazil in midweek.
Ashley Young could return to the Red Devils squad after recovering from a knee injury, but is likely to start on the bench. Phil Jones (illness) is ruled out alongside long-term absentee Darren Fletcher (illness).
Phil Jagielka failed to start England’s friendly on Wednesday due to a slight knock, but is set to start at right back for Everton, with David Moyes shorn of fullbacks Tony Hibbert (calf) and Seamus Coleman (hip).
The Everton boss has no other fresh injury concerns to contend with, and so is likely to name the same XI that came from behind to draw 3-3 with Aston Villa last weekend.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Manchester United has won 11 out of 12 league games at home this season.
- The Red Devils’ tally of 62 points after 25 games is their highest-ever points haul at this stage in a Premier League season.
- Sir Alex Ferguson’s side has scored 32 league goals at home so far this season; only Arsenal (33) has registered more.
- Everton has a poor record at Old Trafford, having not won there since August 1992.
- However, the Toffees have only lost twice in their last six games against Manchester United.
- Steven Pienaar (pictured right) bagged a late equalizer in this fixture last season as the sides drew 4-4, equaling the highest-ever score in this fixture.
- The Toffees boast a better defensive record than their hosts, having conceding 30 goals to United’s 31.
Top 3 Predictions
Manchester United 3-1 Everton
- 20.45 %
Manchester United 2-0 Everton
- 17.86 %
Manchester United 2-1 Everton
- 13.71 %
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Dec 4, 2013||Manchester United 0 - Everton 1|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Feb 10, 2013||Manchester United 2 - Everton 0|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Aug 20, 2012||Everton 1 - Manchester United 0|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Apr 22, 2012||Manchester United 4 - Everton 4|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Oct 29, 2011||Everton 0 - Manchester United 1|
|Mar 8, 2014||West Bromwich 0 - Manchester United 3||EPL|
|Feb 25, 2014||Olympiakos 2 - Manchester United 0||UCL|
|Feb 22, 2014||Crystal Palace 0 - Manchester United 2||EPL|
|Feb 12, 2014||Arsenal 0 - Manchester United 0||EPL|
|Feb 9, 2014||Manchester United 2 - Fulham 2||EPL|
|1||David de Gea||Goalkeeper|
|20||Robin van Persie||Striker|
Times In EDT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed