Premier League Preview: Aston Villa - West Ham
Paul Lambert's side have taken only one point from their previous five games at Villa Park, while Sam Allardyce's team have lost their last four in a row on the road
By Joe Doyle
Lowton, Vlaar, Clark, Bennett
Westwood, El Ahmadi, Holman
Weimann, Benteke, Agbonlahor
O'Brien, Tomkins, Reid, Taylor
J Cole, Noble, Diame, Jarvis
Paul Lambert is unlikely to make too many changes to the side that drew away to Everton. Richard Dunne suffered a setback in training as he recovers from groin and hip injuries, so is unlikely to play. Elsewhere in defense, Chris Herd (foot) is also out.
In midfield, there are more injury woes for Villa. Mark Albrighton (foot) and Gary Gardner (knee) remain long-term absentees, while Fabian Delph (ankle) could miss out, though a return is possible.
For the visitors, Guy Demel (knock) is unlikely to play, as is young left-back Daniel Potts (concussion), so Matt Taylor is likely to continue to deputize at left-back. James Collins (hamstring) is still out, as is George McCartney (knee).
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Aston Villa striker Christian Benteke (pictured right) has scored in four consecutive appearances in all competitions.
- Paul Lambert's side has only picked up one point from its last five home games, the worst in the Premier League.
- Benteke has scored 10 of Villa's 23 league goals this season.
- Villa has gone eight games without a win, its last one coming in a 3-1 victory against Liverpool at Anfield.
- Aston Villa has conceded the first goal in a Premier League game on 12 occasions this season, drawing twice and losing 10 of those matches.
- West Ham has lost its last four games in a row away from home, and is without a win in seven on the road.
- Sam Allardyce's side have lost all nine games where they have conceded two or more goals.
- If matches this season had finished at halftime, West Ham would be 14th (currently 11th), while Aston Villa would be eighth (currently 19th).
Top 3 Predictions
Aston Villa 1-1 West Ham
- 49.54 %
Aston Villa 2-1 West Ham
- 7.72 %
Aston Villa 1-2 West Ham
- 6.64 %
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Nov 2, 2013||West Ham 0 - Aston Villa 0|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Feb 10, 2013||Aston Villa 2 - West Ham 1|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Aug 18, 2012||West Ham 1 - Aston Villa 0|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Apr 16, 2011||West Ham 1 - Aston Villa 2|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Aug 14, 2010||Aston Villa 3 - West Ham 0|
|Dec 15, 2013||Aston Villa 0 - Manchester United 3||EPL|
|Dec 8, 2013||Fulham 2 - Aston Villa 0||EPL|
|Dec 4, 2013||Southampton 2 - Aston Villa 3||EPL|
|Nov 30, 2013||Aston Villa 0 - Sunderland 0||EPL|
|Nov 25, 2013||West Bromwich 2 - Aston Villa 2||EPL|
|21||Jordan Nathaniel Bowery||Striker|
|12||Ricardo Vaz Te||Striker|
Times In EDT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed