Premier League Preview: Fulham - Manchester United
The hosts still languish in the bottom half of the league table going into the clash, while Sir Alex Ferguson's men will be hoping to maintain a seven-point lead at the top
By James McManus
Riether, Hangeland, Hughes, Riise
Dejagah, Sidwell, Karagounis, Kacaniklic
Rafael, Vidic, Ferdinand, Evra
Valencia, Cleverley, Carrick, Kagawa
Rooney, Van Persie
Fulham manager Martin Jol will be without Simon Davies (knee), Kerim Frei (groin) and Mahamadou Diarra (knee) for the clash with the league leades at Craven Cottage.
Kieran Richardson also remains a doubt with a calf injury and Dimitar Berbatov will require a late fitness test after picking up a slight hamstring strain during the win against West Ham.
The club's two January transfer window loan signings, Urby Emanuelson and Emmanuel Frimpong, could also be involved at some stage from the bench.
Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson will be missing Darren Fletcher, who is out until the end of the season with illness. Ashley Young (knee) and Jonny Evans (hamstring) are also both doubtful to make the trip to Craven Cottage.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Fulham's 3-1 win against West Ham was its first in eight league outings.
- The hosts have picked up eight points from their last five home games in the top flight, winning two, drawing two and losing just one.
- They have failed to find the back of the net on just six occasions this term in the league.
- The two teams met as recently as Jan. 26, with United winning 4-1 at home in an FA Cup fourth-round clash.
- Manchester United has been ahead at both half time and full time in its last five meetings with the Cottagers.
- Sir Alex Ferguson's side is unbeaten in its last six games against Fulham.
- Manchester United's points tally of 62 from 25 games is the most it has ever achieved at this stage in the campaign during the Premier League era.
- It is yet to have a player sent off this season.
- Robin van Persie (pictured, right) is the Premier League's top goalscorer this term with 18 goals so far.
- The eight victories the Red Devils have posted on the road this season is more than any other side in the division.
Top 3 Predictions
Fulham 1-3 Manchester United
- 23.92 %
Fulham 0-3 Manchester United
- 16.82 %
Fulham 0-2 Manchester United
- 10.4 %
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Nov 2, 2013||Fulham 1 - Manchester United 3|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Feb 2, 2013||Fulham 0 - Manchester United 1|
|FA Cup (FA)||Jan 26, 2013||Manchester United 4 - Fulham 1|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Aug 25, 2012||Manchester United 3 - Fulham 2|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Mar 26, 2012||Manchester United 1 - Fulham 0|
|Dec 8, 2013||Fulham 2 - Aston Villa 0||EPL|
|Dec 4, 2013||Fulham 1 - Tottenham 2||EPL|
|Nov 30, 2013||West Ham 3 - Fulham 0||EPL|
|Nov 23, 2013||Fulham 1 - Swansea City 2||EPL|
|Nov 9, 2013||Liverpool 4 - Fulham 0||EPL|
|3||John Arne Riise||Defender|
|1||David de Gea||Goalkeeper|
|20||Robin van Persie||Striker|
Times In EDT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed