Premier League Preview: Tottenham - Manchester United
Sir Alex Ferguson will have the Sept. 3-2 defeat to Spurs in mind as he takes his team to White Hart Lane, a ground he has enjoyed immense success at over the years.
By Jay Jaffa
Walker, Dawson, Vertonghen, Assou-Ekotto
Lennon, Dempsey, Bale
Rafael, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra
Valencia, Rooney, Kagawa
Both sides were dealt cruel blows this week, as Tottenham looks set to miss Sandro for some time after the midfielder underwent surgery for a knee problem picked up in the 0-0 draw at QPR last weekend.
Younes Kaboul remains sidelined with a knee problem while William Gallas (calf) looks set to miss out as well.
For Manchester United, Darren Fletcher has been ruled out for the season following surgery on his ongoing bowel condition.
Nemanja Vidic is expected to return after suffering a concussion in the club's 2-1 win over Liverpool, while Jonny Evans could return to the squad after suffering a hamstring injury.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Despite beating Manchester United 3-2 at Old Trafford in September, Tottenham has not tasted victory over Sir Alex Ferguson's men in 11 Premier League home games - a run stretching back to 2001.
- The hosts have collected just three points during that barren run.
- Jermain Defoe (pictured right) is in something of a goal drought, finding the net just once in his last seven league appearances.
- No team has conceded more goals (17) to top-eight opposition than Andre Villas-Boas' side.
- Since March 2011, Manchester United has won 22 and drawn five (losing none) of away games in which it has scored.
- Robin van Persie has scored 21 goals in 27 games for United this season. At the same stage last campaign, he had 22 goals to his name.
- The Red Devils have scored the most goals away from home (26 in 11 games) in the Premier League.
- On the two occasions in which it has failed to score on the road (vs. Norwich and Everton) United has lost.
Top 3 Predictions
Tottenham 1-3 Manchester United
- 21.53 %
Tottenham 1-2 Manchester United
- 11.39 %
Tottenham 0-2 Manchester United
- 8.14 %
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Jan 20, 2013||Tottenham 1 - Manchester United 1|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Sep 29, 2012||Manchester United 2 - Tottenham 3|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Mar 4, 2012||Tottenham 1 - Manchester United 3|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Aug 22, 2011||Manchester United 3 - Tottenham 0|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Jan 16, 2011||Tottenham 0 - Manchester United 0|
|May 19, 2013||Tottenham 1 - Sunderland 0||EPL|
|May 12, 2013||Stoke 1 - Tottenham 2||EPL|
|May 8, 2013||Chelsea 2 - Tottenham 2||EPL|
|May 4, 2013||Tottenham 1 - Southampton 0||EPL|
|Apr 27, 2013||Wigan Athletic 2 - Tottenham 2||EPL|
|1||David de Gea||Goalkeeper|
|20||Robin van Persie||Striker|
Times In EST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed