Premier League Preview: Newcastle - Everton
The fixture could well be Demba Ba's last if reports are confirmed to be true and should he go Alan Pardew will lose a player who has scored half of his team's top-flight goals.
By Michael Lightfoot
Perch, Williamson, Coloccini, Santon
Cisse, Marveaux, Obertan
Neville, Jagielka, Distin, Baines
Naismith, Osman, Hitzlsperger, Pienaar
Newcastle will be without right back Danny Simpson (broken toe), Yohan Cabaye (groin), Hatem Ben Arfa and Steven Taylor (both hamstring), Vurnon Anita and Dan Gosling (both ankle) and Jonas Gutierrez, Ryan Taylor and Haris Vuckic (all knee).
Mike Williamson makes a timely comeback for the Magpies from a one-game ban. With Simpson becoming the latest injury concern for the hosts, Perch should shift along to right back with Williamson returning to partner Coloccini.
Everton will give Phil Neville a late fitness test on his knee but Seamus Coleman and Kevin Mirallas (both hamstring), Darron Gibson (thigh) and Tony Hibbert (calf) are all out.
However, the Toffees do welcome back Marouane Fellaini from a three-match suspension and he is expected to go straight back into the starting line-up to replace the injured Gibson.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Newcastle has become the first team in Premier League history to lose consecutive games despite scoring three times in both. Ipswich Town was the last to do this in the top-flight back in 1985.
- Striker Demba Ba (pictured right) has scored half of the Magpies league goals this season: 13 from 26.
- The Magpies have now conceded 11 times in the past two games, four against Manchester United and seven against Arsenal.
- Everton has scored in 16 consecutive games but has not kept a clean sheet in 15.
- The Toffees have hit the woodwork on 17 different occasions. Only Real Madrid have been denied more often in the top five leagues.
- St James' Park is not a happy place for David Moyes' men as they have won just three of their 18 Premier League visits there.
Top 3 Predictions
Newcastle 1-2 Everton
- 13.66 %
Newcastle 2-1 Everton
- 11.68 %
Newcastle 2-2 Everton
- 10.89 %
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Mar 25, 2014||Newcastle 0 - Everton 3|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Sep 30, 2013||Everton 3 - Newcastle 2|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Jan 2, 2013||Newcastle 1 - Everton 2|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Sep 17, 2012||Everton 2 - Newcastle 2|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||May 13, 2012||Everton 3 - Newcastle 1|
|Apr 12, 2014||Stoke 1 - Newcastle 0||EPL|
|Apr 5, 2014||Newcastle 0 - Manchester United 4||EPL|
|Mar 29, 2014||Southampton 4 - Newcastle 0||EPL|
|Mar 25, 2014||Newcastle 0 - Everton 3||EPL|
|Mar 22, 2014||Newcastle 1 - Crystal Palace 0||EPL|
Times In EDT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed