Prenier League Preview: Chelsea - QPR
Rafael Benitez’s men have won their last four league games and they will expect to pick up another three points against their struggling local rival on Tuesday.
By Rhys Turrell
Ivanovic, Cahill , David Luiz, Cole
Moses, Oscar, Marin
Onuoha, Ferdinand, Nelsen, Traore
Mackie, Taarabt, Wright-Phillips
Intirim Chelsea manager Rafa Benitez is likely to rotate his squad for the visit of west London rival QPR on Tuesday night, with Oscar and Victor Moses probable starters.
Petr Cech (ankle) is a doubt after being substituted during the win over Everton - Ross Turnbull will deputize in goal.
Captain John Terry (knee) is also unlikely to be fit, after recently suffering a setback to his recovery, while Oriol Romeu (knee) is out for the rest of the season.
QPR boss Harry Redknapp may make wholesale changes after his side's heavy loss to Liverpool last time out, with Shaun Derry a candidate to return to the heart of the Rs' midfield.
He will be without strikers Bobby Zamora (thigh) and Andy Johnson (knee), whilst Park Ji-Sung (hamstring) and Bosingwa (back) are also likely to miss out.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Chelsea has won seven of its last eight games in all competitions - the only defeat coming in the Club World Cup final against Corinthians.
- After his double against Everton last time out, Frank Lampard (pictured right) is now just one goal behind the club's all-time leading goalscorer Kerry Dixon. The England midfielder has 192 strikes to his name.
- In the 16 Premier League games he has featured in this season, Spanish attacker Juan Mata has scored or assisted 14 goals.
- QPR has claimed just 10 points from its first 20 Premier League games this season. All 14 teams that had 10 points after as many games in the English top flight went on to to be relegated.
- The Rs have conceded three goals before halftime on four occasions since winning promotion back to the Premier League.
- QPR has been given 11 red cards in the Premier League since August 2011 - that’s four more than the nearest other side Manchester City.
Top 3 Predictions
Chelsea 3-0 QPR
- 12.62 %
Chelsea 3-1 QPR
- 11.11 %
Chelsea 4-0 QPR
- 11.09 %
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Jan 2, 2013||Chelsea 0 - QPR 1|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Sep 15, 2012||QPR 0 - Chelsea 0|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Apr 29, 2012||Chelsea 6 - QPR 1|
|FA Cup (FA)||Jan 28, 2012||QPR 0 - Chelsea 1|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Oct 23, 2011||QPR 1 - Chelsea 0|
|May 15, 2013||Benfica 1 - Chelsea 2||EL|
|May 11, 2013||Aston Villa 1 - Chelsea 2||EPL|
|May 8, 2013||Chelsea 2 - Tottenham 2||EPL|
|May 5, 2013||Manchester United 0 - Chelsea 1||EPL|
|May 2, 2013||Chelsea 3 - Basel 1||EL|
|20||Fabio Da Silva||Defender|
Times In EST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed