Premier League Preview: Stoke City - Liverpool
Tony Pulis' side clinched its 10th draw of the league season away against Tottenham, while Brendan Rodgers' team smashed Fulham 4-0 at Anfield going into this encounter.
By James McManus
Cameron, Huth, Shawcross, Wilkinson
Shotton, Whelan, N'Zonzi, Etherington
Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Jose Enrique
Henderson, Gerrard, Allen
Downing, Suarez, Sterling
Stoke manager Tony Pulis will be without Rory Delap (hernia) and Marc Wilson (broken leg), while former Anfield favorite Michael Owen will not be available to line up against his former club after failing to overcome a hamstring strain.
Another former Merseyside connection, midfielder Charlie Adam, could also be in doubt after the death of his father last week saw him miss the 0-0 draw against Tottenham on Saturday.
Oussama Assaidi (knee) is the only recent injury concern for Brendan Rodgers and is a doubt after missing the 4-0 win over Fulham. Otherwise, Fabio Borini (broken foot) and Martin Kelly (knee) remain out after long injury layoffs.
Rogers is expected to continue to rotate after leaving both Raheem Sterling and Joe Allen on the bench for Saturday's game. Stewart Downing will likely retain his place on the left wing after grabbing his first goal and assist for the club since joining 18 months ago.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Stoke has kept nine clean sheets in the league games so far this season, more than any other side.
- The home side only conceded 13 goals this term - two better than champion Manchester City.
- The Potters have struggled up the other end of the pitch, though, scoring just 15 times in total.
- Stoke is currently on an eight-match unbeaten run, with the club's last defeat coming at the hands of Chris Hughton's Norwich in early November.
- Luis Suarez's goal for Liverpool against Fulham took his tally to 11 for the season in the Premier League, the exact same amount he managed all last campaign.
- The Reds have lost just two of their eight away games this campaign.
- Stewart Downing's assist and goal against Martin Jol's side was his first in the league for the club in 45 games, since moving to Anfield last summer.
- At this point last season, Liverpool had 31 points from as many games under Kenny Dalglish, six more than the team currently has under Brendan Rodgers.
Top 3 Predictions
Stoke 0-2 Liverpool
- 16.11 %
Stoke 1-3 Liverpool
- 14.54 %
Stoke 1-2 Liverpool
- 14.35 %
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Aug 17, 2013||Liverpool 1 - Stoke 0|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Dec 26, 2012||Stoke 3 - Liverpool 1|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Oct 7, 2012||Liverpool 0 - Stoke 0|
|FA Cup (FA)||Mar 18, 2012||Liverpool 2 - Stoke 1|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Jan 14, 2012||Liverpool 0 - Stoke 0|
|Dec 18, 2013||Stoke 0 - Manchester United 2||CCUP|
|Dec 14, 2013||Hull 0 - Stoke 0||EPL|
|Dec 7, 2013||Stoke 3 - Chelsea 2||EPL|
|Dec 4, 2013||Stoke 0 - Cardiff City 0||EPL|
|Nov 30, 2013||Everton 4 - Stoke 0||EPL|
Times In EDT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed