Premier League Preview: Aston Villa - Tottenham
The west Midlands outfit has a point to prove after losing 8-0 to the Blues, while Spurs will also seek to finish off their chances after a stalemate against Stoke.
By Sumitpal Rehal
Lowton, Clark, Vlaar, Lichaj
Albrighton, Ireland, Delph, Holman
Walker, Dawson, Vertonghen, Caulker
Lennon, Sandro, Parker, Bale
Both sides will be seeking goals this Boxing Day after their lack of firepower during the weekend and changes in formation could be they key for a cracker of a game.
Paul Lambert could welcome back forward Gabriel Agbonlahor after missing the Liverpool and Chelsea clashes with a thigh muscle strain, though Andreas Weimann and Christian Benteke will most likely start up front.
Ron Vlaar will be looking to make a return and improve Villa's humiliated defense after the Dutchman missed the last six games with a calf injury.
Andre Villas-Boas will still be without attacking midfielder Clint Dempsey as the American is still sidelined with a groin injury.
Scott Parker is likely to start for Spurs after impressing as he came on from the bench during the goalless draw with Stoke.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- The two sides met in October when Steven Caulker and Aaron Lennon bagged the goals in a 2-0 win for Tottenham.
- Andreas Weimann has scored five goals in his last seven games for Aston Villa in all competitions.
- If every Premier League match this season finished after 80 minutes, Spurs would currently be the league leader. Spurs have conceded 10 goals in the final 15 minutes of matches so far this term.
- Tottenham has the highest percentage of shots from outside the penalty area in the Premier League this season (64 percent).
- Villa has drawn exactly the same number of its home games so far in the 2012-13 season but has managed to score in 75 percent of them.
- In comparison, Spurs have won half of their away games and have not drawn a single one while scoring every single time, setting this match up to be anything but a stalemate.
Top 3 Predictions
Aston Villa 1-3 Tottenham
- 13.47 %
Aston Villa 1-2 Tottenham
- 12.33 %
Aston Villa 0-2 Tottenham
- 10.67 %
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Oct 20, 2013||Aston Villa 0 - Tottenham 2|
|Capital One Cup (CCUP)||Sep 24, 2013||Aston Villa 0 - Tottenham 4|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Dec 26, 2012||Aston Villa 0 - Tottenham 4|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Oct 7, 2012||Tottenham 2 - Aston Villa 0|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||May 6, 2012||Aston Villa 1 - Tottenham 1|
|Dec 4, 2013||Southampton 2 - Aston Villa 3||EPL|
|Nov 30, 2013||Aston Villa 0 - Sunderland 0||EPL|
|Nov 25, 2013||West Bromwich 2 - Aston Villa 2||EPL|
|Nov 9, 2013||Aston Villa 2 - Cardiff City 0||EPL|
|Nov 2, 2013||West Ham 0 - Aston Villa 0||EPL|
|8||Karim El Ahmadi||Midfielder|
|21||Jordan Nathaniel Bowery||Striker|
|-||Moussa Sidi Yaya Dembélé||Midfielder|
Times In EDT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed