Premier League Preview: West Ham - Everton
Sam Allardyce's side has drawn four and lost four in a poor run against the visitors and will be looking to capitalize on a squad without the suspended Marouane Fellaini.
By Michael Lightfoot
WEST HAM UNITED
Demel, Collins, Reid, O'Brien
Taylor, Nolan, Jarvis
Coleman, Jagielka, Distin, Baines
Naismith, Hitzlsperger, Gibson, Pienaar
West Ham will have to make a few changes as it will be without Mohamed Diame (hamstring), Alou Diarra (thigh), George McCartney (knee) and Ricardo Vaz Te (shoulder).
Yossi Benayoun and Jack Collison (both knee) could both return to the squad after recovering in time for this match, but Sam Allardyce may go with an unchanged lineup from their goalless draw against West Brom.
For Everton, Marouane Fellaini starts his three-match suspension for headbutting Stoke defender Ryan Shawcross. Thomas Hitzlsperger could deputize in his absence with Leon Osman moving into a more advanced role.
David Moyes will also be without Victor Anichebe and Kevin Mirallas (both hamstring), Tony Hibbert (calf) and Phil Neville (knee).
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- West Ham has won none of the last eight Premier League fixtures with Everton, drawing the last three of them.
- If the Hammers lose the match, it will be their 100th defeat at Upton Park in the Premier League.
- Sam Allardyce's men have picked up the most cards this season - 37 in total, all of which are yellow.
- Everton has won only one of six games without Marouane Fellaini (pictured right) in the top-flight this season, compared with a 41 percent win rate with him in the team.
- The Toffees have hit the woodwork 13 times this season. Only Real Madrid (17) has hit it more times among teams in the top five European leagues.
- David Moyes' men have scored in each of their last 14 Premier League games and conceded in their last 12 - the longest runs seen this season.
- Everton has the fifth-worst record in the Premier League this season from a winning position, having dropped 13 points when in front.
- However, the Toffees have the third-best record when in a losing position, having picked up 14 points when behind in matches this year.
Top 3 Predictions
West Ham 1-2 Everton
- 15.41 %
West Ham 2-1 Everton
- 11.3 %
West Ham 0-2 Everton
- 9.93 %
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||May 12, 2013||Everton 2 - West Ham 0|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Dec 22, 2012||West Ham 1 - Everton 2|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Jan 22, 2011||Everton 2 - West Ham 2|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Dec 28, 2010||West Ham 1 - Everton 1|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Apr 4, 2010||Everton 2 - West Ham 2|
|May 19, 2013||West Ham 4 - Reading 2||EPL|
|May 12, 2013||Everton 2 - West Ham 0||EPL|
|May 4, 2013||West Ham 0 - Newcastle 0||EPL|
|Apr 27, 2013||Manchester City 2 - West Ham 1||EPL|
|Apr 20, 2013||West Ham 2 - Wigan Athletic 0||EPL|
|-||Sebastian Francisco Lletget||Midfielder|
Times In EST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed