Premier League Preview: Tottenham - West Ham
With both teams flying high in the league with just two points separating them, the London derby at White Hart Lane promises to be a tense affair between two confident teams.
By Chris Teale
Walker, Caulker, Dawson, Vertonghen
Lennon, Dempsey, Bale
O’Brien, Reid, Tomkins, McCartney
Noble, Nolan, O’Neil, Maiga
After his red card against Arsenal, Emmanuel Adebayor begins his three-match suspension and will probably be replaced up front by Jermain Defoe.
Following a superb man-of-the-match display against Lazio in the Europa League, goalkeeper Hugo Lloris should keep his place in goal ahead of Brad Friedel.
Mousa Dembele made his return from injury during the Europa League tie so could well feature from the off, while Scott Parker returned to light training earlier in the week. Otherwise, Spurs have no new injury concerns, so should have a strong squad to choose from.
Hammers midfielder Yossi Benayoun (knee) remains a doubt for this game, but he could be fit enough to make the bench.
After impressing on the left against Stoke, Modibo Maiga will be hopeful of keeping his place, as will Gary O’Neil. Otherwise, West Ham has no new concerns, with Matt Jarvis (hip) also nearing a return to first-team action.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Tottenham has not lost three home games in a row in the Premier League since September 2008 under Juande Ramos.
- Spurs have scored first in eight games this season, second only to West Brom's record of nine.
- Hammers academy graduate Jermain Defoe has scored in four of his last seven games against his former club.
- Spurs have won seven and lost just one of their last 10 Premier League matches against West Ham.
- Hammers goalkeeper Jussi Jaaskelainen (pictured) has made a save approximately every 20 minutes, the fastest rate of any goalkeeper in the Premier League this season.
- West Ham has failed to score in five of its last seven Premier League games against Spurs.
- Hammers youngster Ravel Morrison, currently on loan at Birmingham City, has admitted he is considering playing internationally for Jamaica having represented England at every youth level.
Top 3 Predictions
Tottenham 2-0 West Ham
- 18.27 %
Tottenham 3-1 West Ham
- 14.05 %
Tottenham 2-1 West Ham
- 11.4 %
|Capital One Cup (CCUP)||Dec 18, 2013||Tottenham 1 - West Ham 2|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Oct 6, 2013||Tottenham 0 - West Ham 3|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Feb 25, 2013||West Ham 2 - Tottenham 3|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Nov 25, 2012||Tottenham 3 - West Ham 1|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Mar 19, 2011||Tottenham 0 - West Ham 0|
|Apr 19, 2014||Tottenham 3 - Fulham 1||EPL|
|Apr 12, 2014||West Bromwich 3 - Tottenham 3||EPL|
|Apr 7, 2014||Tottenham 5 - Sunderland 1||EPL|
|Mar 30, 2014||Liverpool 4 - Tottenham 0||EPL|
|Mar 23, 2014||Tottenham 3 - Southampton 2||EPL|
Times In EDT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed