Premier League Preview: Stoke City - Fulham
Tony Pulis' side has yet to lose a game at the Britannia this season. Martin Jol's men will be looking to bounce back after their heavy 3-1 defeat against Sunderland.
By Theo Squires
|Optional copy to go here.||PROBABLE LINEUPS|
Cameron, Huth, Shawcross, Shotton
Whelan, Nzonzi, Adam, Etherington
Riether, Hughes, Senderos, Riise
Duff, Berbatov, Rodallega
Tony Pulis will be forced into making a defensive reshuffle ahead of Saturday's clash after Andy Wilkinson (muscle) came off injured against West Ham. Ryan Shotton is expected to deputize in his absence.
Dean Whitehead is available again after suspension, while Michael Owen (hamstring) could also return. Rory Delap (hernia) and Marc Wilson (leg) are both definite absentees due to long-term injuries.
Mladen Petric (calf) is optimistic about featuring against the Potters, but Brede Hangeland begins his three-match ban following his straight red card against Sunderland.
Martin Jol is hopeful that Mahamadou Diarra (knee) will be fit to return, while Chris Baird is available again following suspension. Simon Davies (neck), Alex Kacanikilic, Kieron Richardson and Bryan Ruiz (all hamstring) are all ruled out through inury.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Stoke City has not lost any of its last 12 home Premier League matches - though it has won only five of those - with its last defeat at the Britannia coming back in February against Sunderland.
- Dean Whitehead has picked up more cards than any other player in the Premier League this season, having been cautioned five times and sent off once, despite having played in just eight games.
- The Potters’ next win in the Premier League will be their 50th in the competition.
- Tony Pulis' side's only two wins this season have both come at home.
- Fulham's last victory in this fixture came in December 2010. The Cottagers won 2-0, with Chris Baird (pictured) scoring both goals.
- Dimitar Berbatov's last three goals for Martin Jol's side have all come away from home.
- The Cottagers are unbeaten in their last four away matches.
- Mark Schwarzer has conceded three goals in a game on five separate occasions already this season.
- In the seven meetings between the two sides since the start of 2010, only once has there been less than two goals in this fixture.
- There have only ever been four scoreless games between these two sides in their 72 meetings since they first met back in 1907.
Top 3 Predictions
Stoke 1-1 Fulham
- 16.46 %
Stoke 1-2 Fulham
- 16.46 %
Stoke 1-0 Fulham
- 10.97 %
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Oct 5, 2013||Fulham 1 - Stoke 0|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Feb 23, 2013||Fulham 1 - Stoke 0|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Nov 24, 2012||Stoke 1 - Fulham 0|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Feb 11, 2012||Fulham 2 - Stoke 1|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Oct 15, 2011||Stoke 2 - Fulham 0|
|Mar 8, 2014||Norwich City 1 - Stoke 1||EPL|
|Mar 1, 2014||Stoke 1 - Arsenal 0||EPL|
|Feb 22, 2014||Manchester City 1 - Stoke 0||EPL|
|Feb 12, 2014||Stoke 1 - Swansea City 1||EPL|
|Feb 8, 2014||Southampton 2 - Stoke 2||EPL|
|3||John Arne Riise||Defender|
Times In EDT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed