Premier League Preview: Everton - Norwich City
The Toffees sit just outside the Champions League spots despite struggling for victories in recent weeks, while the Canaries will be keen to build on beating Manchester United.
By Shane Farrington
Hibbert, Heitinga, Jagielka, Baines
Naismith, Osman, Hitzlsperger, Pienaar Mirallas
Whittaker, Bassong, Turner, Garrido Snodgrass, Johnson, Tettey Pilkington, Hoolahan
Everton boss David Moyes is likely to make a couple of changes from the side that lost 2-1 to Reading last Saturday. Tony Hibbert is in line to overcome a calf injury to replace Seamus Coleman at right back.
Further forward, influential midfielder Marouane Fellaini will miss out through suspension after picking up his fifth yellow card of the season at the Madejski Stadium. Fellow Belgium international Kevin Mirallas should be fully fit after a hamstring injury, and, if so, is likely to start the game. Darron Gibson (groin) and Phil Neville (knee) remain sidelined.
As for the visitors, Chris Hughton may well opt to name the same starting XI that beat Manchester United last time out. Robert Snodgrass recently got his place back in the side and is likely to have done enough against the Red Devils to keep his starting berth.
Support to lone striker Grant Holt will again be expected to come from Wes Hoolahan, who has started the season in impressive fashion. On-loan Tottenham forward Harry Kane (ankle) and Russell Martin (back) are both still out.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Everton has only managed to win one of its last six games - a narrow 2-1 home win against Sunderland.
- Mirallas (pictured right), has scored three goals in all competitions since arriving at the club in the summer from Olympiacos - where he netted 34 times in 52 appearances.
- Last season’s league fixture at Goodison Park ended in a 1-1 draw. Grant Holt gave the visitors a first-half lead, before Leon Osman levelled the score late in the match.
- Everton is unbeaten in its last nine home Premier League matches - a run stretching back to March.
- The Canaries have kept a clean sheet in four of their last five Premier League matches. This run has included 1-0 home wins over Arsenal and Manchester United.
- Norwich is tied for the fewest goals scored in the league along with last-place QPR after hitting the back of the net just nine times in 12 matches so far.
- Holt is currently the club’s top scorer with three goals. He’s the only Norwich player to have scored more than once for the club in the league.
- Norwich is two places lower (13th) in the Premier League than it was at this stage last season, but has earned one more point (14).
Top 3 Predictions
Everton 2-1 Norwich City
- 16.95 %
Everton 2-0 Norwich City
- 13.56 %
Everton 1-1 Norwich City
- 12.2 %
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Jan 11, 2014||Everton 2 - Norwich City 0|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Aug 17, 2013||Norwich City 2 - Everton 2|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Feb 23, 2013||Norwich City 2 - Everton 1|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Nov 24, 2012||Everton 1 - Norwich City 1|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Apr 7, 2012||Norwich City 2 - Everton 2|
|Mar 15, 2014||Everton 2 - Cardiff City 1||EPL|
|Mar 8, 2014||Arsenal 4 - Everton 1||FA|
|Mar 1, 2014||Everton 1 - West Ham 0||EPL|
|Feb 22, 2014||Chelsea 1 - Everton 0||EPL|
|Feb 16, 2014||Everton 3 - Swansea City 1||FA|
Times In EDT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed