Premier League Preview: Wigan - Everton
David Moyes' side will look to extend its unbeaten streak as the Toffees travel to DW Stadium to take on Roberto Martinez's Wigan.
By Nicholas McGee
Caldwell, Ramis, Figueroa
Boyce, Watson, McCarthy, Beausejour
Gomez, Kone, Maloney
Coleman, Jagielka, Heitinga, Baines
Mirallas, Osman, Neville, Pienaar
Wigan head into the clash with Everton with a near full-fit squad to choose from, Antonio Alcaraz (groin) is a doubt, but Jordi Gomez is available to play after having the red card he picked up in the defeat at Sunderland rescinded.
Everton boss David Moyes' will have to wait and see whether Tony Hibbert (calf) and Steven Naismith (knock) will recover in time to make the trip to the DW Stadium. One player who will definitely miss out is midfielder Darron Gibson (thigh strain), who is set to be unavailable for the next two weeks.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Everton's position of second is its highest at the beginning of October since occupying the same spot during the 1978-79 season.
- The Toffees' tally of 12 goals in six games is their highest since the start of the 1985-86 campaign, when they netted 14 goals in the same time frame.
- Everton has won seven of the 14 league meetings between the two sides.
- Blues' defender Sylvain Distin (pictured) will make his 100th appearance for the club should he be selected. The Frenchman made his debut for the Toffees in a 2-1 win over Wigan in August 2009.
- Wigan has conceced at least two goals in their last four home matches in the Premier League.
- The Latics' midfielder James McCarthy is just nine appearances short of 100 for the club.
- The Lancashire club's last win over the Toffees came in 2008, when Henri Camara netted the only goal of the game.
- Wigan's 2-0 win over Southampton was Roberto Martinez's 30th league win as Latics' boss. The Spaniard has a win percentage of less than 20 percent since joining the club in 2009.
Top 3 Predictions
Wigan Athletic 0-2 Everton
- 19.07 %
Wigan Athletic 1-3 Everton
- 16.19 %
Wigan Athletic 1-2 Everton
- 14.03 %
|FA Cup (FA)||Mar 9, 2013||Everton 0 - Wigan Athletic 3|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Dec 26, 2012||Everton 2 - Wigan Athletic 1|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Oct 6, 2012||Wigan Athletic 2 - Everton 2|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Feb 4, 2012||Wigan Athletic 1 - Everton 1|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Sep 17, 2011||Everton 3 - Wigan Athletic 1|
|May 19, 2013||Wigan Athletic 2 - Aston Villa 2||EPL|
|May 14, 2013||Arsenal 4 - Wigan Athletic 1||EPL|
|May 11, 2013||Manchester City 0 - Wigan Athletic 1||FA|
|May 7, 2013||Wigan Athletic 2 - Swansea City 3||EPL|
|May 4, 2013||West Bromwich 2 - Wigan Athletic 3||EPL|
|26||Ali Al Habsi||Goalkeeper|
|9||Franco Di Santo||Striker|
Times In EDT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed