Premier League Preview: Tottenham - Aston Villa
Andre Villas-Boas' men are in solid league form having beaten Manchester United last weekend, while Paul Lambert's side is hopeful of rectifying a poor record against Spurs.
By Andy Sixsmith
Walker, Vertonghen, Caulker, Gallas
Lennon, Dempsey, Bale
Lowton, Vlaar, Dunne, Bennett
N'Zogbia, Delph, Holman, Albrighton
Tottenham look set to make changes from the side that drew Panathinaikos 1-1 in Greece on Thursday.
Brad Friedel should return in goal for what would be his 311th-straight Premier League appearance, with Hugo Lloris once more prevented from making his Premier League debut. The game will come too soon for Benoit Assou-Ekotto (knee), who is still two weeks away from a first-team return. William Gallas should continue start at left back.
Aston Villa welcomes the return of center back Richard Dunne after a long spell on the sidelines (groin), and he should partner with Ron Vlaar at the heart of the defense.
After impressive cameos in the 1-1 draw against West Brom last week, Charles N'Zogbia and Darren Bent look set to be handed starts, with Bent, in particular, hoping to rediscover his goal-scoring touch.
|DID YOU KNOW|
- Tottenham is on an excellent domestic run against Villa, having not lost in its last seven matches against the Midlands outfit, winning four games and drawing three.
- The North London side's home form is not too shabby either - the club has won 14 and lost just two of its last 21 matches at White Hart Lane.
- Spurs have conceded the highest proportion of second-half goals in the Premier League this season (88 percent).
- Aston Villa on the other hand is enduring a torrid ruin of form, winning just one of its last 16 Premier League games.
- Paul Lambert's side has only scored five goals in its last 11 away Premier League fixtures.
- Villa will be hoping Emmanuel Adebayor (pictured) does not feature on Sunday - the Spurs forward has notched six goals in eight starts against the Midlands side.
Top 3 Predictions
Tottenham 3-1 Aston Villa
- 17.78 %
Tottenham 2-0 Aston Villa
- 15.94 %
Tottenham 3-0 Aston Villa
- 15.15 %
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Dec 26, 2012||Aston Villa 0 - Tottenham 4|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Oct 7, 2012||Tottenham 2 - Aston Villa 0|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||May 6, 2012||Aston Villa 1 - Tottenham 1|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Nov 21, 2011||Tottenham 2 - Aston Villa 0|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Dec 26, 2010||Aston Villa 1 - Tottenham 2|
|May 19, 2013||Tottenham 1 - Sunderland 0||EPL|
|May 12, 2013||Stoke 1 - Tottenham 2||EPL|
|May 8, 2013||Chelsea 2 - Tottenham 2||EPL|
|May 4, 2013||Tottenham 1 - Southampton 0||EPL|
|Apr 27, 2013||Wigan Athletic 2 - Tottenham 2||EPL|
|8||Karim El Ahmadi||Midfielder|
Times In EDT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed