Premier League Preview: Stoke City - Swansea City
The Potters are yet to taste victory this season after two draws and a loss, while Michael Laudrup’s Swans will be hoping to bounce back after defeat to Everton.
By Dale Jones
Cameron, Huth, Shawcross, Wilson
Kightly, Adam, Walters
Rangel, Chico, A Williams, Davies
De Guzman, Michu, Routledge
Stoke could name an unchanged side from the one that lost to Chelsea last weekend with only Matthew Etherington a possible inclusion in the starting lineup.
There are no new injury worries for the home team, and Jamie Ness (groin) could be in contention for a place on the bench if he recovers in time.
For the visitors, Chico is expected come back into the side after his suspension, although Garry Monk could start after his mid-week League Cup heroics.
Summer signing Pablo Hernandez picked up a knock (knee), and Nathan Dyer is suspended, so midfielder Jonathan De Guzman could be forced to play out wide.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Stoke has only won once in its last 16 Premier League outings. However, the Potters are currently unbeaten in nine at the Britannia, a run that started with last season’s 2-0 win over Swansea.
- Despite being known for its attacking set pieces, Stoke has conceded 60 percent of its goals from set plays, the highest proportion in the league.
- Stoke has lost none of its last eight home games against other 'City' teams in the Premier League (W4 D4 L0).
- Tony Pulis’s side has not in its last 11 (W0 D8 L3) matches.
- Swansea has allowed a joint-high 30 shots on target this season.
- None of Swansea’s 10 Premier League goals has come from set pieces.
- The Swans have made the lowest percentage of their passes in the final third (23 percent), while Stoke has made the highest (40).
- Swansea has lost all three Premier League games away from home against other 'City' teams.
Top 3 Predictions
Stoke 1-2 Swansea City
- 14.21 %
Stoke 2-1 Swansea City
- 14.21 %
Stoke 1-1 Swansea City
- 12.63 %
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Jan 19, 2013||Swansea City 3 - Stoke 1|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Sep 29, 2012||Stoke 2 - Swansea City 0|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Feb 26, 2012||Stoke 2 - Swansea City 0|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Oct 2, 2011||Swansea City 2 - Stoke 0|
|May 19, 2013||Southampton 1 - Stoke 1||EPL|
|May 12, 2013||Stoke 1 - Tottenham 2||EPL|
|May 6, 2013||Sunderland 1 - Stoke 1||EPL|
|Apr 27, 2013||Stoke 1 - Norwich City 0||EPL|
|Apr 20, 2013||QPR 0 - Stoke 2||EPL|
|20||Jonathan De Guzmán||Midfielder|