Premier League Preview: Reading - Tottenham
The Royals will be desperate to post their first victory since promotion but face a Spurs side boosted by the availability of their transfer deadline day purchases.
By Husmukh Kerai
Gunter, Pearce, Gorkkss, Harte
Karacan, Leigertwood, McAnuff, McCleary
Walker, Gallas, Vertonghen, Assou-Ekotto
Lennon, Sandro, Dembele, Bale
Brian McDermott has one new injury concern as Welsh forward Hal Robson-Kanu is doubtful (hamstring) after missing the club's last game against Peterborough. Jason Roberts (calf) is now free of suspension but both he and Jimmy Kebe (hamstring) will be unavailable for the game.
Andre Villas-Boas will have all his transfer-deadline-day purchases available for the trip to Reading which could mean a first league start of the season for Mousa Dembele, Clint Dempsey and Emmanuel Adebayor.
Scott Parker (achilles) could make the bench against the Royals as he edges closer towards a return to first team action. Younes Kaboul (knee) is still a couple of months away from full fitness whilst Heurelho Gomes (ankle) is still a long-term absentee.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Reading has won eight and lost none of its last 10 league games at the Madejski Stadium.
- The last Premier League meeting between the sides was a thriller at White Hart Lane in 2007 which ended 6-4 to Spurs.
- Pavel Pogrebnyak has scored seven goals from nine shots on target in his Premier League career.
- Tottenham has won just one of its last 11 Premier League away games.
- Tottenham boss Andre Villas-Boas has picked up only three wins from his last 15 Premier League matches as a manager.
- Emmanuel Adebayor (pictured) has scored six goals in his last six Premier League starts for Spurs.
- Tottenham has the highest percentage of shots from outside the penalty area in the Premier League this season (64 percent).
Top 3 Predictions
Reading 0-2 Tottenham
- 14.9 %
Reading 1-2 Tottenham
- 12.6 %
Reading 1-3 Tottenham
- 10.78 %
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Jan 1, 2013||Tottenham 3 - Reading 1|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Sep 16, 2012||Reading 1 - Tottenham 3|
|FA Cup (FA)||Jan 15, 2008||Reading 0 - Tottenham 1|
|FA Cup (FA)||Jan 5, 2008||Tottenham 2 - Reading 2|
|Apr 18, 2014||Wigan Athletic 3 - Reading 0||ENG2|
|Apr 14, 2014||Reading 1 - Leicester 1||ENG2|
|Apr 8, 2014||Bournemouth 3 - Reading 1||ENG2|
|Apr 5, 2014||Charlton Athletic 0 - Reading 1||ENG2|
|Mar 29, 2014||Reading 1 - Huddersfield Town 1||ENG2|
|9||Adam Le Fondre||Striker|
Times In EDT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed