Premier League Preview: QPR - Chelsea
Roberto Di Matteo's men took the least points from clashes with their rivals from the capital last season and will look to correct that against a side yet to win a league game.
By Tom McKeown
Bosingwa, Ferdinand, Onouha, Fabio
Wright-Phillips, Granero, Faurlin, Park
Ivanovic, Cahill, Luiz, Cole
Ramires, Mata, Hazard
QPR’s only injury concern for the visit of Chelsea is defender Anton Ferdinand (shoulder), but the center back is likely to shrug off the knock picked up in the 3-1 defeat at Manchester City and is set to start.
Mark Hughes has no fresh injury worries or suspensions to contend with, and could line up Nedum Onouha alongside Ferdinand after Ryan Nelsen played twice for New Zealand during the international break.
Chelsea duo John Terry and Ashley Cole (both ankle) picked up injuries on international duty for England and are doubts for the trip to Loftus Road, meaning Terry may not face Ferdinand for the first time since being acquitted of racially abusing the Rs defender.
Marko Marin (hamstring) is struggling to recover so is unlikely to make his Chelsea debut, but manager Roberto Di Matteo has no other injury problems ahead of the west London derby.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- QPR's 5-0 opening day defeat at home to Swansea ended a run of five straight wins for the Rs at Loftus Road.
- Mark Hughes has only registered two wins in 14 attempts when managing against his former club.
- Chelsea’s 6-1 win over QPR in April was only the second time the Rs have conceded six goals in one Premier League game, with Fulham the only other side to score that many against them in October 2011.
- Bobby Zamora has made 11 appearances against the Blues, but has never got on the scoresheet.
- Chelsea had the worst record in London derbies of all the sides in the capital last season, picking up one point fewer than QPR.
- Chelsea has won just two of its last 10 Premier League away games, drawing four and losing four.
Top 3 Predictions
QPR 0-3 Chelsea
- 20.83 %
QPR 1-3 Chelsea
- 15.17 %
QPR 0-2 Chelsea
- 10.66 %
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Jan 2, 2013||Chelsea 0 - QPR 1|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Sep 15, 2012||QPR 0 - Chelsea 0|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Apr 29, 2012||Chelsea 6 - QPR 1|
|FA Cup (FA)||Jan 28, 2012||QPR 0 - Chelsea 1|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Oct 23, 2011||QPR 1 - Chelsea 0|
|Mar 1, 2014||QPR 1 - Leeds 1||ENG2|
|Feb 22, 2014||Charlton Athletic 1 - QPR 0||ENG2|
|Feb 16, 2014||QPR 1 - Reading 3||ENG2|
|Feb 10, 2014||Derby 1 - QPR 0||ENG2|
|Feb 1, 2014||QPR 3 - Burnley 3||ENG2|
|35||Fabio Da Silva||Defender|
|12||John Obi Mikel||Midfielder|
Times In EDT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed