Premier League Preview: Fulham - West Brom
Dimitar Berbatov is expected to make his first start for the Cottagers but comes up against a visiting side which have started well under new boss Steve Clarke.
By Arthur Virgo
Riether, Hughes, Hangeland, Riise
Duff, Diarra, Sidwell, Richardson
Jones, McAuley, Olsson, Ridgewell
Dorrans, Morrison, Odemwingie
Dimitar Berbatov is in line to make his first Fulham start, with forward Bryan Ruiz (hamstring) still recovering from injury.
Greece’s joint record appearance holder Giorgos Karagounis and fellow midfielder Ashkan Dejagah could make their debuts after their transfers from Panathinaikos and Wolfsburg, respectively.
Attacker Kerim Frei (pelvis) is doubtful, while center back Philippe Senderos (foot) is unavailable.
Meanwhile, West Brom could be without right back Steven Reid (hamstring), with Billy Jones his potential replacement. Goran Popov could instead make his debut at left back following his arrival from Dynamo Kyiv, with the remaining defenders moved across accordingly.
Winger Jerome Thomas out after surgery (knee), and midfielder Zoltan Gera is doubtful (Achilles), but striker Romelu Lukaku (ankle) could feature after recovering from injury.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Fulham recorded the most points at home of any Premier League team outside the top six last season, and have lost just one of their last 11 league matches at Craven Cottage.
- West Brom meanwhile have enjoyed its best start to a top flight season since 1978-79, with two wins and a draw, and has lost just one of its last eight Premier League matches.
- The Cottagers are unbeaten in their last 13 home matches against the Baggies, but the fixture last season ended in a 1-1 draw, while the game between the two at the Hawthorns finished 0-0.
- All six goals Martin Jol’s side have conceded so far this season have been netted in the first half.
- The west London side has the best shooting accuracy in the Premier League so far, with 80 percent of attempts on target.
- The Midlands outfit has blocked 18 opposition shots, more than any other team in the top flight.
- Zoltan Gera (pictured right) returned to West Brom from Fulham last summer, having previously signed for the west London side in 2008. In his first year with the Midlands club in 2004-05 he helped the Baggies avoid relegation on the final day of the season, playing alongside the then on-loan Kieran Richardson, who scored on the day.
- Winger Damien Duff played under newly-appointed Baggies manager Steve Clarke at Chelsea from 2003-2006 while Clarke was youth coach and then assistant manager at the Blues, winning two Premier League titles in 2004-05 and 2005-06 before leaving for Newcastle.
Top 3 Predictions
Fulham 2-0 West Bromwich
- 12.64 %
Fulham 1-2 West Bromwich
- 11.55 %
Fulham 0-2 West Bromwich
- 8.66 %
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Sep 14, 2013||Fulham 1 - West Bromwich 1|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Jan 1, 2013||West Bromwich 1 - Fulham 2|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Sep 15, 2012||Fulham 3 - West Bromwich 0|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Feb 1, 2012||Fulham 1 - West Bromwich 1|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Sep 24, 2011||West Bromwich 0 - Fulham 0|
|Dec 14, 2013||Everton 4 - Fulham 1||EPL|
|Dec 8, 2013||Fulham 2 - Aston Villa 0||EPL|
|Dec 4, 2013||Fulham 1 - Tottenham 2||EPL|
|Nov 30, 2013||West Ham 3 - Fulham 0||EPL|
|Nov 23, 2013||Fulham 1 - Swansea City 2||EPL|
|3||John Arne Riise||Defender|
Times In EDT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed