Premier League Preview: West Ham - Fulham
Sam Allardyce will be looking for a response from his players after a disappointing 3-0 defeat to Swansea. Martin Jol will be without Moussa Dembele after he joined Spurs.
By Shane Farrington
Demel, Tomkins, Collins, McCartney
Vaz Te, Nolan, Jarvis
Riether, Hughes, Hangeland, Briggs
Duff, Diarra, Sidwell, Kacaniklic
West Ham boss Sam Allardyce could hand a debut to Andy Carroll following his loan move from Liverpool, with the striker possibly replacing Carlton Cole as the club’s main striking option.
The Hammers failed to impress in their last Premier League match, losing 3-0 to Swansea City, and further changes could take place as they seek more of a goal threat. Kevin Nolan may drop back into midfield with Ricardo Vaz Te coming in.
As for the Cottagers, Martin Jol will be forced into making at least one change from the side which lost 3-2 at Manchester United following Moussa Dembele’s 15 million pound move to Tottenham, with Steve Sidwell possibly taking his spot.
Bryan Ruiz suffered a muscle injury against the Red Devils and Hugo Rodallega could get a start alongside Mladen Petric upfront. Meanwhile, John Arne Riise (muscle), Philippe Senderos (foot) and Kerim Frei (pelvis) all remain sidelined.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Hammers new signing Andy Carroll (pictured right), scored 14 goals in 33 Premier League appearances for Newcastle United but just six in 44 top-flight games for Liverpool.
- Sam Allardyce has a 53.70 win percentage since taking over at the club - winning 29, drawing 14 and losing 11 of his 54 matches.
- West Ham's highest-ever league attendance came back on Oct. 17, 1970, when 42,322 attended a match against Tottenham Hotspur.
- Both sides have scored in their last six Premier League meetings against each other.
- Fulham’s only win at Upton Park in the Premier League was back in 2001-02 season - when they ran out 2-0 winners.
- Mladen Petric, who played under Martin Jol when the pair were at Hamburg, has scored 12 goals in 44 international games for Croatia.
Top 3 Predictions
West Ham 1-2 Fulham
- 16.17 %
West Ham 2-1 Fulham
- 9.76 %
West Ham 1-3 Fulham
- 8.91 %
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Jan 30, 2013||Fulham 3 - West Ham 1|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Sep 1, 2012||West Ham 3 - Fulham 0|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Dec 26, 2010||Fulham 1 - West Ham 3|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Oct 2, 2010||West Ham 1 - Fulham 1|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||May 2, 2010||Fulham 3 - West Ham 2|
|May 12, 2013||Everton 2 - West Ham 0||EPL|
|May 4, 2013||West Ham 0 - Newcastle 0||EPL|
|Apr 27, 2013||Manchester City 2 - West Ham 1||EPL|
|Apr 20, 2013||West Ham 2 - Wigan Athletic 0||EPL|
|Apr 17, 2013||West Ham 2 - Manchester United 2||EPL|
|12||Ricardo Vaz Te||Striker|
|7||John Arne Riise||Defender|
Times In EDT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed