MLS Preview: Philadelphia Union - New England Revolution
Both mathematically out of playoff contention, these two teams are playing for pride at the tail end of the regular season.
By Keith Hickey
|New England Revolution (4-4-2): Shuttleworth; Alston, Barnes, Soares, Guy; Rowe, Feilhaber, Toja, Cardenas; Bengston, Fagundez.
OUT: DF Flo Lechner (R knee MCL sprain); DF Stephen McCarthy (concussive-like symptoms); MF Lee Nguyen (R shoulder surgery); DF Tyler Polak (R foot sprain); FW Saer Sene (L knee ACL surgery); DF Chris Tierney (L knee sprain / L hamstring strain)
DOUBTFUL: MF Clyde Simms (R calf tightness)
QUESTIONABLE: MF Sainey Nyassi (concussion)
|Philadelphia Union (4-3-3): MacMath; Gaddis, Okugo, Valdes, M. Farfan; Lahoud, Carroll, Gomez; Daniel, McInerney, Cruz.
OUT: DF Bakary Soumare (R knee menisectomy recovery); FW Krystian Witkowski (concussion symptoms)
DOUBTFUL: MF Freddy Adu (L quad strain)
QUESTIONABLE: DF Gabriel Farfan (R ankle contusion/R hamstring strain); MF Danny Cruz (L big toe sesamoid stress fracture)
PROBABLE: MF Keon Daniel (R knee contusion); MF Michael Farfan (R foot contusion)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- These teams are meeting for a third time this season. Jack McInerney’s 90th-minute goal was the difference in a 2-1 Union victory on July 29 at PPL Park, followed by a scoreless draw on Sept. 1 in Foxborough.
- The Union have never lost to the Revolution, with three wins (and three draws) in six all-time meetings.
- New England's only away win in MLS season was a 3-1 victory over reigning champion LA Galaxy on March 31.
- Twenty-year-old striker Jack McInerney has scored twice in his last two appearances to give him six goals, good enough to make him the Union's joint top scorer this season.
- Philadelphia's Sheanon Williams will miss this game through suspension due to yellow card accumulation.
Top 3 Predictions
Philadelphia Union 3-1 New England Revolution
- 100 %
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Mar 15, 2014||Philadelphia Union 1 - New England Revolution 0|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Aug 25, 2013||New England Revolution 5 - Philadelphia Union 1|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Apr 27, 2013||New England Revolution 2 - Philadelphia Union 0|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Mar 16, 2013||Philadelphia Union 1 - New England Revolution 0|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Oct 6, 2012||Philadelphia Union 1 - New England Revolution 0|
|Apr 16, 2014||New York Red Bulls 2 - Philadelphia Union 1||MLS|
|Apr 12, 2014||Philadelphia Union 2 - Real Salt Lake 2||MLS|
|Apr 5, 2014||Chicago Fire 2 - Philadelphia Union 2||MLS|
|Mar 29, 2014||Philadelphia Union 1 - Montreal Impact 1||MLS|
|Mar 22, 2014||Columbus Crew 2 - Philadelphia Union 1||MLS|
|New England Revolution|
|Apr 12, 2014||New England Revolution 2 - Houston Dynamo 0||MLS|
|Apr 5, 2014||D.C. United 2 - New England Revolution 0||MLS|
|Mar 29, 2014||San Jose Earthquakes 1 - New England Revolution 2||MLS|
|Mar 22, 2014||New England Revolution 0 - Vancouver Whitecaps FC 0||MLS|
|Mar 15, 2014||Philadelphia Union 1 - New England Revolution 0||MLS|
|22||Carlos Enrique Valdes||Defender|
|8||Juan Carlos Toja||Midfielder|
|92||D. Imbongo Boele||Striker|
Times In EST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed