MLS Preview: D.C. United - New England Revolution
The wrong result could seal New England's fate, with D.C. still scrapping for one of the East's playoff berths.
By Zac Lee Rigg
|D.C. United (4-4-2): Hamid; Russell, McDonald, Dudar, Korb; Najar, Kitchen, Saragosa, DeLeon; Pajoy, Pontius.
OUT: MF Lance Rozeboom (L knee ACL tear); DF Daniel Woolard (concussion-like symptoms); MF Stephen King (inguinal hernia repair); FW Josh Wolff (lower back disc herniation)
|New England Revolution (4-4-2): Reis; Lechner, McCarthy, Barnes, Alston; Rowe, Guy, Simms, Nguyen; Fagundez, Imbongo.
OUT: FW Saer Sene (L knee ACL tear)
QUESTIONABLE: MF Blair Gavin (L disc irritation); MF Sainey Nyassi (R adductor strain)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- This match could eliminate the Revolution from playoff contention. A loss would do it, or a tie coupled with a Columbus Crew win will mathematically rule out any postseason potential for New England.
- MLS released a list of the 25 best selling jerseys this year. Dwayne De Rosario is fifth on the list, and his attacking teammate Chris Pontius is 12th. Saer Sene, who is out for the remainder of the season, came in 24th.
- De Rosario scored the only goal in Canada's 1-0 win over Panama on Friday, making him the Canucks' all-time leading goalscorer. However, he pulled out of the game in San Jose on Tuesday with an MCL sprain, which will rule him out of 10-12 weeks. DeRo ranks joint-second in MLS with 12 assists.
- Jerry Bengtson also scored on international duty, notching the opener for Honduras in a 3-0 win over Cuba.
- The Revs stopped a club-record 10-game winless skid last Wednesday with a 2-0 win over Columbus. D.C. has slipped to sixth in the East recently, one point off the playoff places.
Top 3 Predictions
D.C. United 2-0 New England Revolution
- 26.29 %
D.C. United 1-0 New England Revolution
- 16.5 %
D.C. United 2-1 New England Revolution
- 10.31 %
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Sep 21, 2013||New England Revolution 2 - D.C. United 1|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Jul 27, 2013||D.C. United 1 - New England Revolution 2|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Jun 8, 2013||New England Revolution 0 - D.C. United 0|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Sep 15, 2012||D.C. United 2 - New England Revolution 1|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||May 26, 2012||D.C. United 3 - New England Revolution 2|
|Oct 27, 2013||D.C. United 1 - Houston Dynamo 2||MLS|
|Oct 18, 2013||Sporting Kansas City 1 - D.C. United 0||MLS|
|Oct 12, 2013||D.C. United 1 - Philadelphia Union 1||MLS|
|Oct 4, 2013||D.C. United 0 - Chicago Fire 3||MLS|
|Oct 1, 2013||D.C. United 1 - Real Salt Lake 0||OC|
|New England Revolution|
|Nov 6, 2013||Sporting Kansas City 3 - New England Revolution 1||MLS|
|Nov 2, 2013||New England Revolution 2 - Sporting Kansas City 1||MLS|
|Oct 27, 2013||Columbus Crew 0 - New England Revolution 1||MLS|
|Oct 19, 2013||New England Revolution 3 - Columbus Crew 2||MLS|
|Oct 12, 2013||Montreal Impact 0 - New England Revolution 1||MLS|
|-||Emiliano Ariel Dudar||Defender|
|7||Juan Carlos Toja||Midfielder|
|92||D. Imbongo Boele||Striker|
Times In EST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed