Woeful at both ends, Chivas USA is playing out its string against a playoff-bound Seattle Sounders team.
|Seattle Sounders FC (4-3-3): Gspurning; Johansson, Parke, Ianni, Gonzalez; Evans, Alonso, Triffert; Rosales, Montero, Zakuani.
OUT: FW Babayele Sodade (R knee ACL tear); FW David Estrada (L foot fracture)
QUESTIONABLE: GK Andrew Weber (R adductor strain)
PROBABLE: MF Osvaldo Alonso (head injury); MF Andy Rose (rib fracture)
|Chivas USA (4-4-2): Kennedy, Riley, Califf, Mackenzie, Jazic; Bowen, Joseph, Minda, Bolanos; Agudelo, Townsend.
DOUBTFUL: MF Peter Vagenas (R hamstring strain)
PROBABLE: MF Ryan Smith (R hamstring strain); MF Shalrie Joseph (R elbow)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Seattle’s Mauro Rosales leads MLS with 13 assists in 22 games. Five of those helpers have provided the game-winner, tied for most in the league with Sporting Kansas City’s Graham Zusi.
- Seattle has a .929 winning percentage (12-0-2) when scoring the first goal, the second best mark in MLS behind the Chicago Fire’s .944 (8-0-1).
- Chivas USA can't seem to plug the gaps at the back right now. The Goats haven't kept a clean sheet in their last five games, letting in a dismal 18 goals over that stretch.
- The front line isn't helping either. Chivas has scored just 20 goals in MLS this season, the worst total of any club.
- The Sounders are unbeaten in their last seven meetings with Chivas USA, since Chivas won the first two meetings between the clubs, in 2009.