MLS Preview: Columbus Crew - Montreal Impact
Montreal will try to ride its hot streak into the postseason, while the Crew look to bolster their playoff credentials.
By Keith Hickey
|Columbus Crew (4-2-3-1): Lampson; Miranda, Marshall, James, O'Rourke; Birchall, Grossman; Renteria, Higuain, Gaven; Arrieta.
OUT: FW Tommy Heinemann (L knee surgery); GK William Hesmer (R hip surgery); MF Bernardo Anor (L knee ACL tear); DF Carlos Mendes (R hamstring strain)
DOUBTFUL: DF Rich Balchan (sports hernia rehab); GK Andy Gruenebaum (low back strain)
QUESTIONABLE: MF Danny O'Rourke (L ankle sprain); MF Milovan Mirosevic (R ankle inflammation)
|Montreal Impact (4-2-3-1): Perkins; Brovsky, Valentin, Ferrari, Iapchino; Bernier, Warner; Arnaud, Martins, Neagle; Di Vaio.
OUT: FW Bernardo Corradi (L knee ACL tear); FW Eduardo Sebrango (L shoulder separation); MF Justin Mapp (L hamstring strain)
QUESTIONABLE: DF Alessandro Nesta (R knee strain)
PROBABLE: FW Sanna Nyassi (R hip flexor strain)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Columbus' Josh Williams and Montreal's Hassoun Camara will both be suspended for this match.
- These teams are meeting for the third time. Goals from Milovan Mirosevic and Olman Vargas led the Crew to a 2-0 victory in their first meeting ever, on March 24 at Crew Stadium. Mirosevic scored again when the clubs met July 8 at Stade Saputo, but goals from Zarek Valentin and Patrice Bernier gave the Impact a 2-1 come-from-behind win.
- With 42 strikes in MLS 2012, Montreal has already broken the MLS goals record set by an expansion team in the new expansion era (since 2005); Portland struck the back of the net 40 times in 2011.
- In the Impact’s Aug. 25 victory over D.C. United, the club became the first MLS side north of the border to reach 12 wins in a season.
- The Impact have won five consecutive games, the longest winning streak for an expansion team since the end of the shootout era. The Chicago Fire won 11 consecutive games in their expansion season of 1998 (the final seven in regulation time).
Top 3 Predictions
Columbus Crew 1-2 Montreal Impact
- 33.33 %
Columbus Crew 1-3 Montreal Impact
- 27.78 %
Columbus Crew 0-2 Montreal Impact
- 11.11 %
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Sep 14, 2013||Montreal Impact 1 - Columbus Crew 2|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Jun 15, 2013||Columbus Crew 2 - Montreal Impact 0|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Apr 14, 2013||Montreal Impact 1 - Columbus Crew 1|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Sep 1, 2012||Columbus Crew 2 - Montreal Impact 1|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Jul 8, 2012||Montreal Impact 2 - Columbus Crew 1|
|Apr 13, 2014||San Jose Earthquakes 1 - Columbus Crew 1||MLS|
|Apr 5, 2014||Columbus Crew 0 - Toronto FC 2||MLS|
|Mar 29, 2014||Seattle Sounders FC 1 - Columbus Crew 2||MLS|
|Mar 22, 2014||Columbus Crew 2 - Philadelphia Union 1||MLS|
|Mar 8, 2014||D.C. United 0 - Columbus Crew 3||MLS|
|9||Marco Di Vaio||Striker|
Times In EST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed