MLS Preview: D.C. United - New York Red Bulls
New York will have to improve its away form -- winless in seven -- if it wants to climb higher than second in the East. Up next is a trip to RFK Stadium.
By Zac Lee Rigg
|D.C. United (4-4-2): Hamid; Korb, McDonald, Dudar, Chabala; Najar, Boskovic, Kitchen, Pontius; De Rosario, Pajoy.
OUT: MF Lance Rozeboom (L knee ACL tear); DF Robbie Russell (L plantar fasciitis); DF Daniel Woolard (concussion-like symptoms)
DOUBTFUL: FW Maicon Santos (R toe soreness)
PROBABLE: MF Lewis Neal (L adductor strain)
|New York Red Bulls (4-2-3-1): Gaudette; Lade, Pearce, Holgersson, Miller; Tainio, McCarty; Le Toux, Cahill, Solli; Henry.
OUT: DF Rafa Marquez (L calf strain); GK Ryan Meara (hip injury)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- These teams split their first two meetings this year. However, D.C. dominates the all-time record, racking up 31 wins to New York's 20 (and seven draws).
- Recent history favors the Red Bulls. New York claimed the Atlantic Cup the past two seasons. Prior to 2012, NY won its last two visits to RFK Stadium by an aggregate 6-0 scoreline.
- Facing five games in a 13 day stretch, D.C. fielded a weakened lineup against the Montreal Impact last weekend and was duly spanked with a 3-0 loss. United is fifth in the East with 40 points.
- Also last weekend, New York drew 1-1 with Sporting Kansas City in a top-of-the-table clash. The Red Bulls remain second in the East, on 45 points.
- New York hasn't won away from Red Bull Arena in seven matches. Its last road win was on May 19, at Montréal.
Top 3 Predictions
D.C. United 3-1 New York Red Bulls
- 11.11 %
D.C. United 2-2 New York Red Bulls
- 11.11 %
D.C. United 1-3 New York Red Bulls
- 11.11 %
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Apr 12, 2014||D.C. United 1 - New York Red Bulls 0|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Aug 31, 2013||New York Red Bulls 2 - D.C. United 1|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Apr 13, 2013||D.C. United 0 - New York Red Bulls 2|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Mar 16, 2013||New York Red Bulls 0 - D.C. United 0|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Nov 8, 2012||New York Red Bulls 0 - D.C. United 1|
|Apr 12, 2014||D.C. United 1 - New York Red Bulls 0||MLS|
|Apr 5, 2014||D.C. United 2 - New England Revolution 0||MLS|
|Mar 29, 2014||D.C. United 2 - Chicago Fire 2||MLS|
|Mar 22, 2014||Toronto FC 1 - D.C. United 0||MLS|
|Mar 8, 2014||D.C. United 0 - Columbus Crew 3||MLS|
|14||Dwayne De Rosario||Midfielder|
|-||Emiliano Ariel Dudar||Defender|
|-||Jan Gunnar Solli||Midfielder|
|11||Sebastien Le Toux||Midfielder|
Times In EST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed