MLS Preview: Toronto FC - Sporting Kansas City
First takes on worst as two teams from opposite ends of the Eastern Conference meet in Ontario.
By Keith Hickey
|Toronto FC (4-4-2): Kocic; Harden, Eckersley, Cann, Morgan; Lambe, Frings, Maund, Avila; Silva, Hassli.
OUT: GK Stefan Frei (L lower leg); FW Danny Koevermans (L knee ACL tear); DF Matt Stinson (R quadriceps strain); DF Jeremy Hall (L ankle sprain)
|Sporting Kansas City (4-2-3-1): Nielsen; Harrington, Collin, Besler, Myers; Thomas, Nagamura; Kamara, Zusi, Espinoza; Bunbury.
OUT: DF Cyprian Hedrick (L fibula fracture); FW Jacob Peterson (R shoulder sprain)
DOUBTFUL: GK Jon Kempin (R ankle fracture)
QUESTIONABLE: MF Bobby Convey (R hamstring strain); MF Peterson Joseph (R hamstring strain)
PROBABLE: DF Lawrence Olum (L groin strain); DF Seth Sinovic (R ankle sprain)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Sporting KC’s Kei Kamara leads MLS in shots (91) and is tied with New York’s Kenny Cooper for most put on target (36).
- Toronto hasn't lost to Kansas City at home since 2007, when the then-Wizards came away with a 1-0 win in the first ever game at BMO Field on April 28. The Reds have won two of their five home meetings since, with three draws.
- Sporting have won back-to-back games for the first time since May 27 through June 16, after wins over New England and D.C. United.
- Sporting Kansas City is top of the Eastern Conference, with 43 points from 24 games. Toronto, meanwhile, is last in the Conference with just 20 points to show from 23 games.
- If KC emerges victorious, it will be Sporting's first time winning three consecutive matches since the team's seven-win run to start the season.
Top 3 Predictions
Toronto FC 2-2 Sporting Kansas City
- 16.67 %
Toronto FC 3-0 Sporting Kansas City
- 16.67 %
Toronto FC 1-2 Sporting Kansas City
- 16.67 %
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Mar 9, 2013||Toronto FC 2 - Sporting Kansas City 1|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Sep 1, 2012||Sporting Kansas City 2 - Toronto FC 1|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Aug 18, 2012||Toronto FC 0 - Sporting Kansas City 1|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Jun 16, 2012||Sporting Kansas City 2 - Toronto FC 0|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Jul 23, 2011||Sporting Kansas City 4 - Toronto FC 2|
|May 18, 2013||Toronto FC 0 - Columbus Crew 1||MLS|
|May 8, 2013||San Jose Earthquakes 2 - Toronto FC 1||MLS|
|May 4, 2013||Colorado Rapids 1 - Toronto FC 0||MLS|
|May 1, 2013||Montreal Impact 6 - Toronto FC 0||NCC|
|Apr 27, 2013||Toronto FC 1 - New York Red Bulls 2||MLS|
|-||Frederick Michael George Hall||Goalkeeper|
|17||C. J. Sapong||Striker|
Times In EST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed