MLS Preview: Sporting Kansas City - New England Revolution
Having climbed atop the East, KC means to stay there. The Revs look to stop a slump from becoming a losing streak.
By Keith Hickey
|Sporting Kansas City (4-2-3-1): Nielsen; Harrington, Collin, Besler, Sinovic; Thomas, Nagamura; Kamara, Zusi, Peterson; Sapong.
OUT: DF Cyprian Hedrick (L fibula fracture); GK Jon Kempin (R ankle fracture)
QUESTIONABLE: FW Jacob Peterson (L ankle sprain)
PROBABLE: DF Korede Aiyegbusi (R knee sprain); FW Bobby Convey (L calf strain); FW Kei Kamara (L knee contusion); DF Lawrence Olum (L groin strain); MF Graham Zusi (R quad strain)
|New England Revolution (4-2-3-1): Reis; Alston, Barnes, Soares, Tierney; Joseph, Simms; Feilhaber, Nguyen, Rowe; Sene.
OUT: FW Alec Purdie (L ankle sprain)
QUESTIONABLE: DF Stephen McCarthy (concussive-like symptoms)
PROBABLE: FW Zak Boggs (R ankle sprain); FW Jose Moreno (R ankle sprain)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Despite having taken both the most shots and corner kicks this season, Sporting KC is tied for ninth in goals scored.
- Goals from Graham Zusi, Kei Kamara and C.J. Sapong gave Sporting a 3-0 win in the first meeting between these teams this year, on March 17 at Livestrong Sporting Park.
- KC's Kei Kamara leads MLS in shots (78) and shots on goal (33).
- Saer Sene leads the New England attack with eight goals and two assists this season. Midfielder Lee Nguyen is a capable secondary threat with four goals and two assists.
- Making his second start of the season in the attacking midfield role, Peterson Joseph – the “Haitian Xavi” – recorded his first career MLS assist in the 2-0 win at Columbus. Four days later he was sent off in a 2-1 loss to the Houston Dynamo.
Top 3 Predictions
Sporting Kansas City 2-1 New England Revolution
- 33.33 %
Sporting Kansas City 2-0 New England Revolution
- 33.33 %
Sporting Kansas City 1-3 New England Revolution
- 16.67 %
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Mar 23, 2013||New England Revolution 0 - Sporting Kansas City 0|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Aug 4, 2012||New England Revolution 0 - Sporting Kansas City 1|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Jul 21, 2012||Sporting Kansas City 0 - New England Revolution 0|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Mar 17, 2012||Sporting Kansas City 3 - New England Revolution 0|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Jul 30, 2011||Sporting Kansas City 1 - New England Revolution 1|
|Sporting Kansas City|
|Jun 1, 2013||Sporting Kansas City 1 - Montreal Impact 2||MLS|
|May 26, 2013||Sporting Kansas City 1 - Houston Dynamo 1||MLS|
|May 19, 2013||D.C. United 1 - Sporting Kansas City 1||MLS|
|May 12, 2013||Houston Dynamo 0 - Sporting Kansas City 1||MLS|
|May 8, 2013||Sporting Kansas City 0 - Seattle Sounders FC 1||MLS|
|New England Revolution|
|Jun 15, 2013||Vancouver Whitecaps FC 4 - New England Revolution 3||MLS|
|Jun 8, 2013||New England Revolution 0 - D.C. United 0||MLS|
|Jun 2, 2013||New England Revolution 5 - Los Angeles Galaxy 0||MLS|
|May 25, 2013||New England Revolution 2 - Toronto FC 0||MLS|
|May 18, 2013||Houston Dynamo 0 - New England Revolution 2||MLS|
|17||C. J. Sapong||Striker|
Times In EST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed