D.C. could end the weekend top of the East if it takes all three points, but Columbus is desperate to scramble away from the bottom.
|Columbus Crew (4-4-2): Gruenebaum; Miranda, Marshall, Williams, Vukovic; Birchall, Tchani, George, Gaven; Meram, Arrieta.
OUT: FW Tommy Heinemann (L knee surgery); GK William Hesmer (R hip surgery); MF Kirk Urso (R adductor tendonitis); DF Rich Balchan (sports hernia rehab); MF Bernardo Anor (L knee ACL tear)
DOUBTFUL: MF Milovan Mirosevic (L adductor strain)
QUESTIONABLE: MF Danny O'Rourke (L ankle sprain); FW Aaron Schoenfeld (R plantar fasciitis); DF Julius James (R adductor strain)
PROBABLE: DF Carlos Mendes (R ankle sprain); MF Dilly Duka (L hamstring strain)
|D.C. United (4-4-2): Willis; Najar, McDonald, Jakovic, Woolard; Cruz, Kitchen, Boskovic, Pontius; De Rosario, Maicon Santos.
OUT: MF Lance Rozeboom (L knee ACL tear); DF Robbie Russell (L plantar fasciitis)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- D.C. will be without the services of goalkeeper Bill Hamid, who is suspended for this match after receiving a red card in last week's 4-0 loss to the Houston Dynamo. Hamid has the best save percentage in MLS, and is the only goalkeeper who has saved more than 80 percent of shots faced.
- Hamid won't be the only player missing out on the proceedings. The MLS disciplinary committee decided Columbus forward Emilio Renteria could use a game off.
- The two teams split their two meetings last season, each winning at home. The Crew haven’t lost in Columbus to D.C. United since 2007, a span of four matches (3-0-1).
- Costa Rican international Jairo Arrieta made his MLS debut for the Crew in their 2-0 home loss to Sporting KC, starting and playing 62 minutes.
- D.C. United's Dwayne De Rosario leads all MLS players in assists with 12.