MLS Preview: Houston Dynamo - D.C. United
D.C. United, tied for top of the East, will become the latest team to try to concoct a win in the Oven, where Houston hasn't lost this year.
By Zac Lee Rigg
|Houston Dynamo (4-3-3): Hall; Hainault, Taylor, Boswell, Ashe; Moffat, Camargo, Davis; Boniek Garcia, Bruin, Kandji.
PROBABLE: MF Calen Carr (L hamstring strain); MF Je-Vaughn Watson (L adductor strain)
|D.C. United (4-4-2): Hamid; Russell, McDonald, Jakovic, Woolard; DeLeon, Kitchen, Boskovic, De Rosario; Pontius, Santos.
OUT: MF Lance Rozeboom (L knee ACL tear)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- This is the third meeting between these Eastern Conference foes. Each won its home leg.
- In fact, Houston hasn't lost at home this season, winning four and drawing three at the new BBVA Compass Stadium. The New York Red Bulls are the only other side yet to lose at home in 2012.
- D.C. United added two new investor/operators this week, with Erick Thohir and Jason Levien adding the cash and political experience that, D.C. hopes, will lead to a permanent stadium.
- D.C. is the only team with a head coach (Ben Olsen) and current player (Andy Najar) who were both once MLS Rookie of the Year winners.
- Houston's clean sheet against Sporting Kansas City last weekend marked the Dynamo's first back-to-back shutout since the opening two games of the season.
Top 3 Predictions
Houston Dynamo 1-2 D.C. United
- 22.58 %
Houston Dynamo 0-2 D.C. United
- 11.29 %
Houston Dynamo 1-3 D.C. United
- 9.68 %
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Oct 27, 2013||D.C. United 1 - Houston Dynamo 2|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||May 8, 2013||D.C. United 0 - Houston Dynamo 4|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Mar 2, 2013||Houston Dynamo 2 - D.C. United 0|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Nov 18, 2012||D.C. United 1 - Houston Dynamo 1|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Nov 11, 2012||Houston Dynamo 3 - D.C. United 1|
|Nov 23, 2013||Sporting Kansas City 2 - Houston Dynamo 1||MLS|
|Nov 9, 2013||Houston Dynamo 0 - Sporting Kansas City 0||MLS|
|Nov 6, 2013||New York Red Bulls 1 - Houston Dynamo 2||MLS|
|Nov 3, 2013||Houston Dynamo 2 - New York Red Bulls 2||MLS|
|Oct 31, 2013||Houston Dynamo 3 - Montreal Impact 0||MLS|
|14||Dwayne De Rosario||Midfielder|
Times In EST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed