MLS Preview: San Jose Earthquakes - FC Dallas
Major League Soccer's top team hosts the Hoops, who are coming off a much-needed road win.
By Seth Vertelney
|San Jose Earthquakes (4-4-2): Busch; Beitashour, Bernardez, Hernandez, Morrow; Chavez, Baca, Cronin, Salinas; Gordon, Wondolowski.
OUT: MF Cesar Diaz Pizarro (L ankle sprain); MF Sam Garza (rib fracture); MF Joey Gjertsen (R knee surgery); FW Steven Lenhart (concussion symptoms); DF Tim Ward (L non-specific soft tissue injury);
PROBABLE: MF Simon Dawkins (L shoulder sprain)
|FC Dallas (4-5-1): Hartman; Loyd, Pertuz, Hedges, Benitez; Hernandez, Villar, Jacobson, Ferreira, Shea; Castillo.||
OUT: MF Bobby Warshaw (R foot fracture); DF Ugo Ihemelu (concussion symptoms); DF Alex Lee (lower abdominal strain); DF George John (concussion symptoms); FW Blas Perez (R foot sprain);
PROBABLE: MF Ricardo Villar (R foot strain); MF David Ferreira (R foot surgery); MF Daniel Hernandez (R knee soreness); MF Jackson (R ankle sprain); DF Jair Benitez (R knee contusion)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- San Jose is coming off a 5-0 home thrashing of Real Salt Lake. MLS goalscoring leader Chris Wondolowski had a hat trick in the match.
- FC Dallas finally ended its 13-game winless streak Saturday, earning a 2-1 win against the Colorado Rapids at Dick’s Sporting Goods Park.
- The five-goal output against RSL was the second time San Jose scored five this season. The Quakes lead MLS with 41 goals scored in 2012.
- These teams met back on July 7, with neither side getting on the scoresheet in a 0-0 draw.
- Wondolowski now has 17 goals this season – one more than he scored last year, when he tied for the league goalscoring lead.
- This game could mark Julian de Guzman's FCD debut. The Canadian was acquired from Toronto FC last week.
Top 3 Predictions
San Jose Earthquakes 1-0 FC Dallas
- 18.75 %
San Jose Earthquakes 2-0 FC Dallas
- 18.75 %
San Jose Earthquakes 0-1 FC Dallas
- 12.5 %
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Sep 29, 2012||San Jose Earthquakes 3 - FC Dallas 3|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Jul 18, 2012||San Jose Earthquakes 2 - FC Dallas 1|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Jul 7, 2012||FC Dallas 0 - San Jose Earthquakes 0|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Oct 22, 2011||San Jose Earthquakes 4 - FC Dallas 2|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Mar 26, 2011||FC Dallas 0 - San Jose Earthquakes 2|
|San Jose Earthquakes|
|May 18, 2013||San Jose Earthquakes 1 - Colorado Rapids 1||MLS|
|May 11, 2013||Seattle Sounders FC 4 - San Jose Earthquakes 0||MLS|
|May 8, 2013||San Jose Earthquakes 2 - Toronto FC 1||MLS|
|May 4, 2013||San Jose Earthquakes 2 - Montreal Impact 2||MLS|
|Apr 27, 2013||Chivas USA 2 - San Jose Earthquakes 2||MLS|
|10||David Arturo Ferreira||Midfielder|
|-||Julian De Guzman||Defender|
|9||Fabian Andrés Castillo||Striker|
Times In EST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed