Fresh off an upset of Colorado, the Whitecaps come to Carson looking to prey on Chivas USA's poor home form.
|Chivas USA (4-4-2): Kennedy; Riley, McKenzie, Califf, Jazic; Zemanski, Minda, Gavin, Smith; Moreno, Angel.
OUT: MF Marvin Iraheta (L knee ACL)
DOUBTFUL: FW Tristen Bowen (R ankle sprain); MF Miller Bolaños (L hamstring strain)
QUESTIONABLE: DF John Valencia (R hamstring strain); FW Juan Agudelo (L knee)
PROBABLE: MF Ryan Smith (concussion)
|Vancouver Whitecaps (4-2-3-1): Cannon; Lee, DeMerit, Bonjour, Harvey; Koffie, Rochat; Robson, Le Toux, Chiumiento; Hassli.
OUT: FW Atiba Harris (R knee surgery recovery); FW Omar Salgado (R foot fracture); GK Brian Sylvestre (R knee surgery recovery); MF John Thorrington (R quad strain)
DOUBTFUL: MF Matt Watson (R ankle sprain)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Vancouver's Darren Mattocks will be suspended for this game.
- Chivas USA is playing for the first time since a scoreless draw with FC Dallas on June 23. The Rojiblancos have lost just once in their last seven games.
- The game at Chivas USA is the third in a five-game road swing for the Whitecaps. They will not play again at BC Place until July 18, when they meet the LA Galaxy.
- A goal from Whitecaps FC center back Jay DeMerit gave his club a 1-0 win in the first meeting between the teams this season, on March 17 at the Home Depot Center. It was the first victory by either team in the all-time series, and Vancouver's first-ever away win.
- Chivas USA is the only club in MLS with a losing home record and a winning away record, posting an anemic 2-6-1 at the Home Depot center and a robust 3-1-3 on the road.