It's a battle of first against worst in the West, but as the Quakes showed by losing to Portland, the result isn't a foregone conclusion
|FC Dallas (4-5-1): Hartman; Loyd, Hedges, Pertuz, Rodriguez; Jackson, Jacobson, Ferreira, Shea, Hernandez; Castillo.||
OUT: MF Bobby Warshaw (R foot fracture); DF Ugo Ihemelu (concussion symptoms); DF Alex Lee (lower abdominal strain); DF Jair Benitez (R knee contusion); DF George John (concussion symptoms)
QUESTIONABLE: FW Blas Perez (R foot contusion); MF Jackson (R ankle sprain)
PROBABLE: MF Ricardo Villar (R foot strain); MF David Ferreira (R foot surgery); MF Daniel Hernandez (R knee soreness)
|San Jose Earthquakes (4-4-2): Bingham; Beitashour, Bernardez, Hernandez, Morrow; Baca, Cronin, Stephenson, Salinas; Lenhart, Wondolowski.||
OUT: GK Jon Busch (L eye corneal abrasion); MF Simon Dawkins (L shoulder sprain); MF Sam Garza (rib fracture); MF Joey Gjertsen (R knee surgery); DF Tim Ward (L non-specific soft tissue injury)
DOUBTFUL: DF Ike Opara (L hip flexor strain)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- FC Dallas is currently on an 12-match winless streak, the worst in franchise history. The team's last league win was on April 14 against Montreal.
- The last man still standing from the MLS inaugural season of 1996, San Jose’s Ramiro Corrales, has three assists in four games after setting up a goal in the 4-3 win over LA. Corrales has 14 goals and 43 assists in 286 league games in his MLS career.
- On Wednesday Kevin Hartman became the only player to reach 400 MLS appearances.
- After failing to find the back of the net in his first 10 matches against FC Dallas, Chris Wondolowski has scored three times in San Jose’s last two meetings with the Hoops.
- The last time these two teams played each other, on October 22, 2011, the Earthquake exploded with four goals in a 12 minute span to win 4-2.
- A Frank Yallop-managed squad has never lost to a Dallas team when scoring first. Since 2001 with the Earthquakes and Galaxy, Yallop has coached his teams to a 10-0-1 record when opening the match’s scoring against FCD.