These two Western Conference heavyweights are on downward skids recently and in danger of sinking down the table.
|Real Salt Lake (4-4-2): Rimando; Wingert, Olave, Borchers, Beltran; Steele, Beckerman, Johnson, Morales; Espindola, Saborio.
OUT: DF Chris Schuler (L foot bone stress response)
DOUBTFUL: DF Jamison Olave (R calf strain); MF Ned Grabavoy (L adductor strain)
PROBABLE: MF Javier Morales (R knee hyperextension); DF Nat Borchers (L quadriceps strain); MF Sebastian Velasquez (R turf toe
|Seattle Sounders FC (4-4-2): Meredith; Johansson, Ianni, Hurtado, Burch; Rosales, Evans, Rose, Caskey; Montero, Johnson.||
OUT: GK Michael Gspurning (R hip strain); FW Babayele Sodade (R knee ACL tear); FW David Estrada (L foot fracture)
QUESTIONABLE: DF Adam Johansson (R hamstring strain); DF Jeff Parke (dizziness); MF Steve Zakuani (R leg fracture)
PROBABLE: GK Josh Ford (R knee stress fracture); DF Leo Gonzalez (L quad strain)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Despite sitting second and third in the West, these teams are in bad patches. Seattle is in the midst of a franchise-worst eight-game winless streak. Salt Lake has lost three in a row.
- RSL narrowly edges this series, winning three to Seattle's two (with two draws as well). Six of nine total meetings have ended with a clean sheet to one side. Nick Rimando and Kasey Keller have three shutouts each in this series.
- RSL took the most recent meeting with the Sounders, winning 1-0 May 12 thanks to a Fabian Espíndola strike.
- Eddie Johnson scored two goals this weekend in the 2-2 draw with the New England Revolution. The former Fulham forward now has seven goals this season.
- Osvaldo Alonso is suspended for this match due to yellow-card accumulation.