MLS Preview: San Jose Earthquakes - LA Galaxy
The California Clasico highlights Saturday's slate of MLS action, with Landon Donovan facing his old club.
By Zac Lee Rigg
|San Jose Earthquakes (4-4-2): Busch; Beitashour, Bernardez, Hernandez, Corrales; Chavez, Stephenson, Cronin, Moreno; Lenhart, Wondolowski.
OUT: MF Simon Dawkins (L shoulder sprain); MF Sam Garza (rib fracture); MF Joey Gjertsen (R knee surgery); DF Tim Ward (L non-specific soft tissue injury)
|LA Galaxy (4-4-2): Saunders; Franklin, DeLaGarza, Lopes, Dunivant; Jimenez, Beckham, Juninho, Magee; Donovan, Keane.||
OUT: DF Andrew Boyens (L sports hernia surgery); FW Edson Buddle (R knee surgery); FW Adam Cristman (concussion); DF Omar Gonzalez (L knee surgery); MF Dan Keat (R knee surgery); DF Leonardo (R knee inflammation)
QUESTIONABLE: MF Kyle Nakazawa (back spasms); FW Pat Noonan (R quad strain)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Bottom of the West coming out of the international break, three wins in a week saw the Galaxy blaze up the table to fifth, a playoff spot. San Jose is first in the conference with 13 points more than its California neighbor.
- Landon Donovan, Todd Dunivant and Josh Saunders all won the MLS Cup in 2003 with the Earthquakes with current 'Quakes coach Frank Yallop as coach.
- Donovan has either scored (six) or assisted (five) in all 11 games against his former club since joining the Galaxy in 2005.
- San Jose has scored 12 goals after the 75th minute this season, four of which were stoppage-time winners. The Earthquakes haven't scored before the 70th minute since May 5.
- Mike Magee has scored three goals and added an assist in the past two games. Alan Gordon, formerly of the Galaxy, has four goals and an assist in the past six matches.
- Chris Wondolowski leads MLS in scoring with 13 goals. David Beckham is tied for third in assists with five.
Top 3 Predictions
San Jose Earthquakes 0-2 Los Angeles Galaxy
- 14.85 %
San Jose Earthquakes 2-1 Los Angeles Galaxy
- 10.89 %
San Jose Earthquakes 0-1 Los Angeles Galaxy
- 9.9 %
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Nov 7, 2012||San Jose Earthquakes 1 - Los Angeles Galaxy 3|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Nov 4, 2012||Los Angeles Galaxy 0 - San Jose Earthquakes 1|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Oct 21, 2012||San Jose Earthquakes 2 - Los Angeles Galaxy 2|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Jun 30, 2012||San Jose Earthquakes 4 - Los Angeles Galaxy 3|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||May 23, 2012||Los Angeles Galaxy 2 - San Jose Earthquakes 3|
|San Jose Earthquakes|
|May 18, 2013||San Jose Earthquakes 1 - Colorado Rapids 1||MLS|
|May 11, 2013||Seattle Sounders FC 4 - San Jose Earthquakes 0||MLS|
|May 8, 2013||San Jose Earthquakes 2 - Toronto FC 1||MLS|
|May 4, 2013||San Jose Earthquakes 2 - Montreal Impact 2||MLS|
|Apr 27, 2013||Chivas USA 2 - San Jose Earthquakes 2||MLS|
|Los Angeles Galaxy|
|May 15, 2013||Philadelphia Union 1 - Los Angeles Galaxy 4||MLS|
|May 11, 2013||Vancouver Whitecaps FC 3 - Los Angeles Galaxy 1||MLS|
|May 5, 2013||Los Angeles Galaxy 0 - Houston Dynamo 1||MLS|
|Apr 27, 2013||Real Salt Lake 0 - Los Angeles Galaxy 2||MLS|
|Apr 20, 2013||Los Angeles Galaxy 2 - Sporting Kansas City 0||MLS|
Times In EST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed