MLS Preview: Columbus Crew - Real Salt Lake
The Crew have beaten RSL five times in a row in Ohio and will look to capitalize on a dip in form by Salt Lake to extend that streak.
By Zac Lee Rigg
|Columbus Crew (4-4-1-1): Gruenebaum; Miranda, Williams, James, Vukovic; Gaven, Tchani, Birchall, George, Meram; Gaven; Renteria.
OUT: FW Tommy Heinemann (L knee surgery); GK William Hesmer (R hip surgery); DF Chad Marshall (concussion); MF Kirk Urso (R adductor tendonitis); DF Rich Balchan (sports hernia rehab); MF Dilly Duka (L hamstring strain)
DOUBTFUL: DF Carlos Mendes (R ankle sprain)
QUESTIONABLE: MF Danny O'Rourke (L ankle sprain); MF Milovan Mirosevic (L adductor strain)
|Real Salt Lake (4-4-2): Rimando; Beltran, Borchers, Olave, Wingert; Steele, Alvarez, Morales, Johnson; Saborio, Espindola.||
OUT: DF Chris Schuler (L foot bone stress response)
DOUBTFUL: DF Jamison Olave (R calf strain); MF Ned Grabavoy (L adductor strain)
QUESTIONABLE: MF Sebastian Velasquez (R turf toe)
PROBABLE: MF Javier Morales (R knee hyperextension); DF Nat Borchers (L quadriceps strain)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Real Salt Lake has 32 points from 17 games, a franchise high at this point and good enough for second in the West. Columbus is sixth in the East with 19 points from 14 games.
- RSL might welcome the road trip to Ohio. The club has lost three straight at home, including crashing out of the U.S. Open Cup to the Minnesota Stars. Before losing to the San Jose Earthquakes, Salt Lake coughed up a two-goal lead to lose for the first time in franchise history when playing the LA Galaxy.
- However, the Crew dominate this matchup. They have won the last five games against RSL in Ohio, with Salt Lake's only win there coming in 2006.
- Nick Rimando is one victory away from tying Zach Thornton at second on the all-time goalkeeper wins list.
- Kyle Beckerman is suspended for this match.
Top 3 Predictions
Columbus Crew 2-1 Real Salt Lake
- 16.67 %
Columbus Crew 3-1 Real Salt Lake
- 16.67 %
Columbus Crew 2-0 Real Salt Lake
- 16.67 %
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Jun 30, 2012||Columbus Crew 2 - Real Salt Lake 0|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Jul 30, 2011||Real Salt Lake 0 - Columbus Crew 2|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Jun 8, 2011||Columbus Crew 2 - Real Salt Lake 1|
|CCL (CCL)||Mar 1, 2011||Real Salt Lake 4 - Columbus Crew 1|
|CCL (CCL)||Feb 22, 2011||Columbus Crew 0 - Real Salt Lake 0|
|May 18, 2013||Toronto FC 0 - Columbus Crew 1||MLS|
|May 11, 2013||Columbus Crew 0 - Colorado Rapids 2||MLS|
|May 4, 2013||Columbus Crew 0 - New York Red Bulls 1||MLS|
|Apr 27, 2013||Columbus Crew 3 - D.C. United 0||MLS|
|Apr 20, 2013||Chicago Fire 1 - Columbus Crew 0||MLS|
|14||Yordany Alvarez Oropeza||Midfielder|
|26||Juan Sebastián Velásquez||Midfielder|
|-||Emiliano Nicolas Bonfigli||Striker|
Times In EST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed