The two best teams in the West square off, with RSL likely gun-shy after choking on a two-goal lead against California opposition earlier this week.
|Real Salt Lake (4-4-2): Rimando; Beltran, Olave, Borchers, Wingert; Grabavoy, Beckerman, Morales, Johnson; Saborio, Espindola.
OUT: DF Chris Schuler (L foot bone stress response)
QUESTIONABLE: MF Sebastian Velasquez (R foot turf toe); MF Luis Gil (R knee strain)
PROBABLE: MF Javier Morales (R quadriceps strain); DF Jamison Olave (R calf strain)
|San Jose Earthquakes (4-4-2): Busch; Beitashour, Bernardez, Hernandez, Morrow; Chavez, Baca, Cronin, Dawkins; Wondolowski, Lenhart.
OUT: MF Sam Garza (rib fracture); MF Joey Gjertsen (R knee surgery); DF Tim Ward (L non-specific soft tissue injury)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- The last three times these teams have met, Kyle Beckerman has scored. With three goals 14 games into this season, Beckerman has matched or surpassed his tally for each of the last seven seasons.
- These teams perch atop the Western Conference with RSL two points ahead.
- Chris Wondolowski leads the league with 12 goals this season.
- These teams were on opposite sides of comebacks midweek. Wondo's 12th goal came as a stoppage time penalty, giving San Jose a come-from-behind 2-1 win over the Colorado Rapids. Salt Lake meanwhile coughed up a two-goal lead to lose 3-2 to the LA Galaxy.
- RSL picked up former New England Revolution forward Kenny Mansally this week.