MLS Preview: Montreal Impact - Houston Dynamo
Montreal will try to preserve the 100 percent record of Stade Saputo against the Dynamo, who look to stay in the playoff hunt.
By Keith Hickey
|Montreal Impact (4-4-1-1): Ricketts; Valentin, Thomas, Rivas, Brovsky; Arnaud, Warner, Bernier; Martins; Wenger.
OUT: DF Hassoun Camara (R hamstring strain); DF Matteo Ferrari (R quad strain); FW Bernardo Corradi (L knee sprain)
|Houston Dynamo (4-4-2): Hall; Hainault, Boswell, Cameron, Ashe; Clark, Moffat, Carmargo, Davis; Bruin, Ching.
OUT: DF Kofi Sarkodie (R foot sprain)
DF Alex Dixon (concussion); MF Calen Carr (L hamstring strain); DF Oscar Recio (concussion)
PROBABLE: DF Jermaine Taylor (R hip flexor strain); MF Je-Vaughn Watson (L groin strain)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Andrew Wenger scored his second goal in as many matches and the third of his rookie season against. Seattle on Saturday. Both goals came in the first two professional starts for Wenger, the No. 1 overall selection in this year’s SuperDraft.
- The Dynamo boast two of the three 2010 MAC Hermann Award finalists, the top individual honor in American collegiate soccer. Will Bruin (Indiana) and Colin Rolfe (Louisville) both finished their collegiate careers with 33 goals apiece. In his sophomore MLS season, Bruin has already surpassed his entire rookie-year productivity with eight goals in just 14 games, while Rolfe is still waiting to make his professional debut.
- Impact midfielder Felipe has two goals and an assist in his last five games. He is the only field player to play every minute of every match for the expansion side.
- Despite a woeful away showing, Montreal has posted a respectable record at home. The Impact are 3-1-2 in games played in Montreal.
- Both of these teams are undefeated in new home stadiums. Houston is 3-0-1 in brand new BBVA Compass Stadium, and Montreal defeated Seattle 4-1 in the first game at the recently renovated Stade Saputo.
Top 3 Predictions
Montreal Impact 2-0 Houston Dynamo
- 30.44 %
Montreal Impact 1-1 Houston Dynamo
- 13.04 %
Montreal Impact 2-3 Houston Dynamo
- 8.7 %
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Oct 31, 2013||Houston Dynamo 3 - Montreal Impact 0|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Oct 4, 2013||Houston Dynamo 1 - Montreal Impact 0|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Aug 24, 2013||Montreal Impact 5 - Houston Dynamo 0|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Jun 19, 2013||Montreal Impact 2 - Houston Dynamo 0|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Oct 6, 2012||Houston Dynamo 1 - Montreal Impact 1|
|Oct 31, 2013||Houston Dynamo 3 - Montreal Impact 0||MLS|
|Oct 26, 2013||Toronto FC 1 - Montreal Impact 0||MLS|
|Oct 19, 2013||Montreal Impact 2 - Philadelphia Union 1||MLS|
|Oct 16, 2013||Los Angeles Galaxy 1 - Montreal Impact 0||MLS|
|Oct 12, 2013||Montreal Impact 0 - New England Revolution 1||MLS|
Times In EST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed